WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, July 24, 2026

Reiki, Massage, and the Quiet Healing We All Need

Reiki, Massage, and the Quiet Healing We All Need

Every week, I look forward to one appointment that has become an important part of my life, a professional full-body massage. At 91 years old, living with chronic kidney disease, diabetes, and the aches that naturally come with age, those sixty minutes are more than physical therapy. They are an opportunity to slow down, breathe deeply, and allow my body and mind to find a measure of peace.

Recently, I began reading about Reiki, a Japanese healing practice whose name means "universal life energy." Reiki (RAY-key)

Unlike traditional massage, Reiki does not rely on deep pressure or manipulation of muscles. Instead, the practitioner gently places their hands on or just above the body, with the intention of helping restore balance and encouraging relaxation. Many people describe the experience as calming, comforting, and deeply peaceful.

Whether one understands Reiki through spirituality, energy, mindfulness, or simply the healing comfort of compassionate human presence, its central message is one that I find beautiful: our bodies possess an amazing ability to heal when we create the right conditions.

That idea resonates with me.

My weekly massage therapist may not practice Reiki, yet I often leave each session feeling as though something more than my muscles has been cared for. The physical tension eases, my breathing slows, my thoughts become quieter, and for a little while the worries of everyday life seem lighter. It reminds me that healing is not always about curing disease. Sometimes it is about restoring balance.

As a retired scientist who spent decades as a pharmaceutical chemist and later as a chemistry team leader at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, I have always respected evidence-based medicine. Modern medicine has given us extraordinary advances that have extended and improved millions of lives.

But I have also lived long enough to understand that wellness is larger than medicine alone.

A kind conversation can heal. A warm embrace can heal. Music can heal. Prayer can heal.

A gentle massage can heal. And for many people, Reiki becomes another pathway toward relaxation, emotional comfort, and inner peace.

Science continues to study practices like Reiki. While research has not established that Reiki can treat or cure diseases, many people report that it helps reduce stress, promotes relaxation, and enhances an overall sense of well-being. Those benefits alone should not be dismissed. We all know that when stress decreases, sleep often improves, our outlook becomes brighter, and we simply feel better equipped to face life's challenges.

As we grow older, we often spend so much time treating illnesses that we forget to nourish the person living inside the body.

That person still longs for kindness. Still appreciates gentle touch. Still needs moments of stillness. Still deserves peace.

Perhaps that is why I treasure my weekly massage so much. It reminds me that caring for ourselves is not an act of selfishness, it is an act of wisdom. When our body relaxes, our spirit often follows.

Whether your path is prayer, meditation, yoga, massage, Reiki, music, or simply sitting quietly beneath a tree listening to birds sing, I hope you find your own place of healing.

After all, growing older is not merely about adding years to life.

It is also about adding peace to those years.

AI Impressions on This Posting: 

I think this piece will resonate strongly with your worldwide readers because it honors both your scientific background and your openness to practices that promote comfort, peace, and quality of life without overstating their medical effects.

Finally, My Photo of the Day: AI Enhanced Photo of My Cat-Batman


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...