WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT
If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach resort with a beach house and conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. You can now read the national and international news in this blog at the right side bar. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Forth Worth-Dallas, Texas and Vicinity
One of the perks and benefits working for FDA is attending an annual meeting of the American Chemical Society. In the mid 1990's, I attended one in Forth Worth-Dallas, Texas. This is a part of our continuing education program for chemist reviewers and team leaders. Again, Macrine was not able to join me. I stayed at a Hotel in the Cow Palace Stock Yard in Forth Worth. I did not have a lot of free time to tour the area except for a short visit to The Six Flags for half a day, Mckinney trolley and just drove around the downtown area. Below is a video, a must see if you have never been to Dallas-Forth Worth area.
Dallas is the second largest city in Texas. Together, the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex offers visitors a variety of attractions and activities that simply can't be found elsewhere. From world-class zoos and museums to Texas-sized honky-tonks, the DFW area has it all. The top ten attractions recommended for tourists and visitors in the area are as follows:
1. Six Flags-Open year around, Six Flags Over Texas has been on forefront of them park entertainment for decades and offers rides, shows, and more to Dallas area visitors.
2. Texas Stadium-Home to the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Stadium also hosts a variety of other sporting and entertainment events. However, even when there isn't an event, visitors flock to Texas Stadium for tours.
3. Dallas Zoo-Visit animals from around the world in award winning natural habitats at the Dallas Zoo. During the summer months, visitors can even ride a monorail around the zoo grounds.
4. Dallas Arboretum-Located on White Rock Lake, just outside of downtown Dallas, the Arboretum features colorful gardens all year long. Tours are available daily. The Arboretum is also available for weddings and other private functions.
5. Medieval Times-An 11th-century style castle with a fish-filled moat is just the setting for the unique experience of an evening spent at Medieval Times.
6. McKinney Trolley-Dallas' McKinny Trolley is a historical trolley system, which recreates how a real trolley system of the early to mid-20th century looked and operated.
7. Billy Bob's-With close to 3 acres under one roof, Billy Bob's is certainly "Texas size." The massive nightclub is host to top country music acts, professional bullriding, and plenty of dancing.
8. Sixth Floor Museum-This museum is dedicated to preserving and celebrating information on John F. Kennedy's life, career, assassination and death. Located on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository building - the very spot the sniper's gun was found - the Sixth Floor Museum let's you gain a feel for how things happened in 1963.
9. National Cowgirl Hall of Fame-A one of a kind museum, Fort Worth's National Cowgirl Hall of Fame features exhibits and memorabilia honoring the 'gals of the west.
10. Ft. Worth Zoo-Visitors to the Ft. Worth Zoo will be transfixed by its wonderful exhibits, ranging from Raptor Canyon to Koala Outback, and attractions such as Tasmanian Tower and their virtual safari.
Note: This is No. 26 ( Part 1) of a series of articles on places that I had visited in the US since 1960.