Macrine, Miko and the Sunset
This year my wife and I spent only three months for our winter sojourn in Marinduque, Philippines instead of our normal 4 to 5 months of winter escapade for personal reasons.
The following are ten items I like about Marinduque followed by my dislike of life in this island, known as the Heart of the Philippines and Land of the Morions. But in spite of my dislikes, I still consider Marinduque, my winter haven.
1. I love the Moriones Festival and the tourists it attract, but I hate the crowds, traffic congestion and pollution it brings during the Easter Holy Week Season
2. I love downtown Boac, because of its quaint restaurants and convenient computer cafe's, but I hate the lack of parking spaces and inadequate potable water supply.
3. I love the Marinduque cuisine, availability to pre-order cakes and special dishes, but I hate the wait and delivery time in spite of an advance notice for pick-up.
4. I love the chirping of the birds almost all day and the sound of the waves, but I hate the barking of the dogs and crowing of the cocks during the early morning hours.
5. I love the magnificent sunsets and glimmering moon lights, but I hate the scattered plastic wastes by the seashore.
6. I love our honest government officials, but I hate politicians who are liars and goon happy.
7. I love the sound of the BALUT vendors but I hate the loud voices of the FISH vendors ( I--s---d--a)
8. I love my beautiful gardens and prolific fruit trees, but I hate the weeding, mowing and watering chores
9. I love the Flea and Open Markets, but I hate the public market in downtown Boac
10. Last but not least, I love the peace,and solitude of Chateau Du Mer, the mild and cool weather from December to February, but I hate the hot and humid weather during the months of March, April and May.
If you have visited Marinduque, I will appreciate if you share with my readers what you like and dislike about this beautiful island in the Philippines. Happy spring time to All!
WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT
If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach resort with a beach house and conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. You can now read the national and international news in this blog at the right side bar. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!