WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Phone Call from BBC Radio 4, Bristol, UK


I received the following e-mail two weeks ago. I am a little bit apprehensive to give my phone, but with a chance of publicizing my blogs I gave Melvin my telephone number. Last week* I got a call from Mr Melvin Rickarby. Yes, I wrote a piece on Concierto de Aranjuez- a piece that really touched my heart (http://lifeinus1960present.blogspot.com). Here's the letter from UK.

Dear Mr Katague

I’m making a radio documentary for national radio in the UK. It’s programme about the Concierto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo, and it’s called Soul Music – it features moving personal stories about music which has changed people’s lives in some way.

I read your thoughts about the piece on the blog, and it struck me that you have been truly moved by this piece. Would you have a moment to talk so I could hear a bit more of your story? With a view to recording radio interview if it feels right.

If you have a number to call on, I’ll gladly do that, or I’m on +44 7715 038 511.

Best wishes

Melvin

................

Melvin Rickarby

BBC Radio 4

Bristol

07715 038 511

*Personal Note>: I told Melvin how the music touched my heart: It reminded me of tropical and lush gardens of my home in the Philippines, the year after I left my family for graduate study in US. Listening to the concierto minimized my homesickness during the holiday seasons here in the US( during my graduate student days) while my family was still in the Philippines.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...