WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Four Dishes I Really Enjoyed This Week

This is one of the new dishes that Macrine and I enjoyed this week.

The other day when I was shopping at our local Filipino store and restaurant ( kare-kare and pancit and buko pandan ice cream), I saw the above package- Bangus( milk fish) Embutido. I have not tasted this before although I am very familiar with standard Embotido made of ground pork. The package was $7.99. The dish was delicious with steam rice and pancit and worth every penny I spent.

Last week three other dishes that Macrine and I enjoyed were Taco de Lengua( Beef Tongue), Taco de Tripa (tripe) and Menudo con Pata ( Tripe soup with pig's feet). The above three dishes I purchased from our local Mexican restaurant. I highly recommend that you have to taste the above three dishes if you have the chance. Order the dishes from an authentic Mexican restaurant ( Not Mexican-American or Texan)

The Menudo dish I modify by adding garbanzo beans and tomato sauce to simulate my favorite Pinoy recipe. In this restaurant, their fish taco is also out of this world. The fish is cut in small cubes and highly seasoned with a very mild fishy smell. It is better than the fish Taco I have tasted in San Diego, California.

Our local Mexican Restaurant ( Tres Hermanos) offered several meat choices for their taco or burrito dishes. Besides the Carne Asada( beef steak) or Pollo Asado( grilled chicken), you could have Al Pastor( BBQ Pork), Chile Verde(Green Chili Pork), Tripitas( Beef tripe), Chorizo ( Mexican sausage), Lengua ( Beef Tongue) and Buche (Pig stomach). I have tasted all of the above meat offerings on my tacos/burritos except for the Buche.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...