WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, July 5, 2019

My Banana, Okra and Pineapple Plants in Northern California

Pineapple Fruit Getting Bigger

Growing tropical plants such as bananas and pineapple is not easy here in Northern California. If we reside in San Diego or Florida, it will not be a problem. However, my potted pineapple plant appears to be thriving and its fruit is getting bigger every day. Hopefully it will mature before the winter chills arrives.

I have tried growing papayas and avocado in pots. However the winters chills was not kind to them. My dream would have to have a green house attached to our house, but at the stage of my life, that is not possible. I am just happy watching my banana and pineapple very healthy this year summer season.

This banana plant will never bear fruit as the climate here in Northern California is not hot enough and warm temperatures last only for about 7 to 8 months.

My Okra and Avocado in Pots.

This is my first year to grow okra from seeds. Our Filipina caretaker gave me the seeds. She has grown okra to maturity in her backyard. So I hope I will have some okra for my pinakbet or tempura by the end of this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...