WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

A Thouhgtful Relative and Neighbor: Starbread-A Discovery


Last Saturday, Macrine's sister, Jean Maeda, visited us and brought with her starbread.  Macrine and I enjoyed it very much, so I started searching in the Internet for the bakery near us. I found that there is a bakery in Natomas and also in Mack Rd in Elk Grove.  Both bakeries are about 30-40 minutes driving distance from our residence. I am wondering if there is one in the Roseville area.

I have heard of this sweet rolls, but this is the first time I have tasted it! Yum, Yum!


The next morning I woke up at 8:30AM and made the coffee. I started reading my FB page until 9AM.   When I walk to the kitchen, I was surprise to see a dozen still warm starbread in our kitchen table.  It was not there at 8:30AM.

I thought my son must have purchased it after his work shift ( he comes home at 1AM after his night shift as TSA officer). I woke him up and she told me, Jean( temporarily staying in Roseville at her daugther residence) drop by the house at 9AM with the starbread and siopao.  I must be so engrossed reading and updating my blogs, I did not hear the doorbell. Anyway, thanks a million again, Jean for the delicious sweet rolls. Your Manang and I enjoyed it very much.

Here's a short paragraph from the website of starbread:

Señorita rolls ( Starbread)were first baked in a humble store in Vallejo California all the way back in 1988 by Auntie Nelly, Uncle Romy Maranan and their five children.  It was not easy for them to raise five children and simultaneously run their bakeshop. However people were continuously drawn to the shop and the baked goods.  Soon everyone in Vallejo was drawn to the sweet little rolls.


For details and locations of Pinoy bakeries near you read this site:

http://www.starbreadca.com/about-us.html

Incidentally the flowers  above  and below were another surprised and unexpected gift from our neighbor, Lina Edison. Last week was full of surprises. Thank you Lord for a thoughtful relative and a neighbor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...