WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Toilet Paper and Dungeness Crab Available at Food Maxx the Other Day

Toilet Paper, Paper Towel and Paper Napkins in Food Maxx Yesterday


For the first time in the last three weeks, Toilet Paper and Paper Towels were finally available at my favorite neighbor hood store ( Food Maxx) but purchase was limited to one per person.

In addition, Dungeness Crab was on Sale for only $4.98/lb ( regular price varies from $7.98 to $9.98 depending on availability and store) in our area. I purchased four 2.5lb-pound  freshly frozen whole crabs that Macrine and I enjoyed for dinner. With our dinner I cooked fresh okra sauteed in Shrimp Paste ( bagoong) with a tint of rice vinegar. It was yummy....

So in spite of of the Stay at Home Mandate ( except for essentials-grocery store, pharmacy and doctor appointments), I manage to escape from self quarantine yesterday. My cabin fever had been cured.

Macrine's caretaker ( Zapphire) insisted I wear a Face Mask and Gloves. We have plenty of gloves but no mask. However, Zapphire had an extra mask in her car and donated one to me.   
Posing with my mask on my way to the store. I took it off while driving and put it back inside the grocery store.

Here's the latest discussion/debate whether the public should wear mask or not:  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/health/coronavirus-masks-experts-debate/index.html

"The question, then, isn’t whether the coronavirus is “airborne” in the tediously academic way the word has been defined. As the journalist Roxanne Khamsi puts it, the virus is definitely borne by air.” The better questions are: How far does the virus move? And is it stable and concentrated enough at the end of its journey to harm someone’s health?"

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/coronavirus-pandemic-airborne-go-outside-masks/609235/

Stay Home and Save Lives!

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of my hibiscus from the gardens of Chateau Du Mer
Dungeness Crab at only $4.98/lb and Big Mangoes at $1.49 each

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...