WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, July 10, 2020

Additional Information about my Great Grand Father-Victoriano Catague


The latest information I have about my great father was that he was a big land owner and rancher(cattle and horses) in Buenavista, Guimaras, Philippines. He also donated 36 hectares of land to the Boystown and Girlstown organization in the island. For details read the following from my blog and FB conversation with Conchita Catague who grew up in Buenavista, Guimaras. 





Here's an excerpt of my conversation with Conchita Catague of Buenavista, Guimaras. Conchita's grandfather ( lolo Ambo) is the younger brother of my Lolo Batol (Victoriano). 

Conchita: So related mn kmo ni tiyay Puri ky sya c Purification Lopez Catague ky didto ko na na kita c David Catague pgpatay ni tyay puri ba yon or my iban lng nga ocassion elementary pa ako sadto cla owner sng malapad nga duta d donated sa boystown c lolo victoriano ang owner nickname (Batol)

Me: Good to know. I like to know more about our Lolo Batol!

Conchita:Lolo Batol lapad duta dito sa Buenavista tyay puri donated 36 hectares to boystown then my gnpabay an sya nga duta until cultivated by one attorney but now that attorney died na kg my rancho dya amo na nga daku iya area d ky transfer nya iya rancho fr one place to his other are kg father ko ang iya upod bakero my latigo sya pirme para sa iya bakahan kg kabayo my pgka spanish sya ugali suno sa akon father ky si lolo ko Ambo iya manghud amo ngpuli d sa Guimaras halin sa Antigue kulasi Antique kg last time my ngpangita dire sng mga pamilia Catague ky my daku cla nga palanublion sa Antique malapad nga kadutaan kg sa barotac mn i dont know kn ano na natabu ky c tatay napatay 1997
1
Me: So we are 3rd cousins since your lolo Ambo and my Lolo Batoy were brothers, Now I know the Buenavista and Antique connections. Damo guid nga Salamat for the information.

Do you know Daisy Catague Cababasay ? She is the first cousin of my Father and they still have lands in Buenavista? Have you heard of Guillermo C(Katague) mto to Hofilena in Buenavista, What is the full name of Ambo? Is it Guillermo?
Conchita: Yes i know Daisy Catague Cababasay tambihanay lang km duta d sa Dan Nicolas ky cousin mn ila tatay n my father kilala gd ang mg cousin tyay puri and also Daisy's father 2nd wife c Daisy ang Ist wife cla Rodrigo yata
Dalawang ng asawa ang father ni Daisy kg sa 2nd wife sya

Me: Yes, Yes small world indeed! Could you write this all in English, so I could post as Addenda in my blogs.
Medyo mahina na ang Ilonggo ko.
Conchita: So ok i know fr my father lolo Batol had children here in Buenavista aside or kabit
And we are close also as relatives maybe Daisy dont know them but i know them ang during our Catague,s reunion we invite them

Me: Daisy is much younger than me so she does not as much as you do about the Catague Clan. Do you know any of the C(K)atague in Binalbagan, Neg Occ?
There is a Facebook Page Catague and Katague Clan- joined in and I will accept you! I am so happy to know you, because of your knowledge of our ancestry
Conchita:Ah i have heard so many of them they maybe related to Daisy because her mother is fr Negros sometimes Daisy's mother visit here in she said she had 11 children and I know also in south Cotabato and Zamboanga and i have sister Oliva Catague also in Bacolod have Oliva Catague in South Cotabato have Adelfa Catague also same i have a sister Adelfa because im the 2 nd to the youngest so i lived with my father most of his life so i know more about his relative ( our) we are also have a big family We are 14 Nd im the13th

Me: So is Daisy your second cousin?
Conchita: By the way how old are you now for i know a named od Dr. David Katague and my father said they are the owner of Katague buiding in Iloilo city and i know DrDavid Katague is one of that family owner since when tyay Puri died i think that Dr David Catague Was there? Not so sure but my father knows and have mention that named Dr David Catague

Me: Dr David Katague, former owner of the Katague Building was my father. I am his oldest son, David Jr. I will be 86 years old this coming December
Yes we are 2nd cousin but we ara not close they seldom visits here they have build a house here but as of now they just come here once a wk and Daisy dont come here wth his husband Leo
I think they (Daisy and Leo) have a fish pond in Buenavista, but she is busy with her restaurant in Iloilo
So ok we are 2 nd cousin also so you know Dra. Chythia Sedino Imaysay fr Kalibo aklan And Recto Catague Velez also attorney Hector Catague Veles They are brothers sister are Ng Alma Ng Nita Ng luz And ng Cristina there in Zamboaga
Yes they have and Leo so long stay abroad and after he retired plan to stay here i Guimaras not they rented fishpond sometimes drop here To Us Locon big shrimps

For Details on Marcelina Javellana wife of Victoriano Catague read the following also:
https://javellana.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...