WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Wil I be a Victim of the Broken Heart Syndrome?

This morning I woke up with mild chest pain. Am I a victim of the broken heart syndrome(BHS)? Luckily the mild pain stopped after 10 minutes so I guess I am not a victim of BHS!

Last August 10th my wife of 63 years died peacefully at home after a long illness. There is a possibility I will be a victim of the broken heart syndrome. To prevent this from happening my close relatives had plan a schedule for me-A Break and a change of Venue! 

This coming weekend, my sister-in-law and her husband had offered me and David a 3-days stay in their beach house in Stimson Beach, California. The next week I will be staying in their Home (in the Guest  Addition) for another 3 days in Palo Alto, California where my oldest daughter who resides in Santa Clara can visit me and keep me company.  I am thanking them in advance for their thoughtfulness and kindness. This week I will be also participating in the Hospice Program for Grief Counseling and other volunteer services. So what is BHS?

Here's some information about broken Heart Syndrome from the Web. 

"Broken heart syndrome, also called stress-induced cardiomyopathy or takotsubo cardiomyopathy, can strike even if you’re healthy. (Tako tsubo, by the way, are octopus traps that resemble the pot-like shape of the stricken heart.)

Women are more likely than men to experience the sudden, intense chest pain — the reaction to a surge of stress hormones — that can be caused by an emotionally stressful event. It could be the death of a loved one or even a divorce, breakup or physical separation, betrayal or romantic rejection. It could even happen after a good shock (like winning the lottery.)

Broken heart syndrome may be misdiagnosed as a heart attack because the symptoms and test results are similar. In fact, tests show dramatic changes in rhythm and blood substances that are typical of a heart attack. But unlike a heart attack, there’s no evidence of blocked heart arteries in broken heart syndrome.

In broken heart syndrome, a part of your heart temporarily enlarges and doesn’t pump well, while the rest of your heart functions normally or with even more forceful contractions. Researchers are just starting to learn the causes, and how to diagnose and treat it".

For more information read: https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/cardiomyopathy/what-is-cardiomyopathy-in-adults/is-broken-heart-syndrome-real

Meanwhile enjoy this Filipino(Cebuano) Classic song-Matud Nila-one of Macrine's favorite song



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...