WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Coping up with Grief: Picking Up Macrine's Ashes and Kindness of Strangers-Part 5

 


Today, David and I picked up Macrine's Ashes from the Nautilus Society Office.  The cremation urn that I ordered last week also arrived today. Today my second one hour session with the grief counselor was again useful in my healing process.  In this article, I will also discussed two unexpected act of kindness David, Dodie and I experienced last week.


First, Dodie and I experienced an act of kindness from a stranger at the Lowe  Store at Columbus Parkway in Vallejo. Last Saturday on our way home from Stinson Beach, we stopped for a bathroom break at Lowe in Vallejo. When I got out of the rest room, I asked a female clerk if they have a drinking fountain.

She answered negative, but asked me if I want bottled water. I said yes. She immediately run to the other side of the store. In five minutes she had two bottled water, one for me and one for Dodie. I was willing to pay for it, but she said it was complimentary. 

Second, After we left the Nautilus Society Office, David and I decided to pass by the Peenoy Grocery Store near the McClellan Air Base in Watt Ave. When we arrived at the store there were about 2 dozens of pork barbecue sticks for Sale. A few minutes later another customer ( a Pinay and her Caucasian Hubby) purchased all of the Barbecue. I commented to the store owner, that David wanted 2 pieces of the barbecue and if they are cooking more. The owner said, that was their barbecue for the day. Later on, while the Pinay was checking out ( I was following her in the line, she pulled out 2 sticks from her bag and gave it to me. I was surprise but gave her a smile of gratitude she will always remember, I hope.  I also commented, that indeed, today is my lucky day!

In this article I am posting pictures of me and Macrine in my several barongs and a few of Macrine's party dresses and ternos as follows:


In front of our residence at 12808 Hammonton Rd, Colesville, MD


 

Christmas Tour of the White House during Clinton's Presidency







This is Macrine's most expensive Terno. It was tailored in Manila by a famous couturier. Curious of how much it cost? Read Part 2 of my Series on Coping with Grief. 

Meanwhile enjoy this music-one of Macrine's favorites



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So “precious” & beautiful.. thank you for sharing this part of your life.

David B Katague said...

Dear Anonymous, Your comment is very much appreciated. Have A Great Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...