WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, June 26, 2022

A Two for One Kitten Adoption-Romulus and Remus

Two events that happened this week makes me so happy, but inside I feel a little bit sad because tomorrow Ditas and Carenna will be flying to Washington DC for a new adventure in their lives. 

The first event was the Farewell Dinner at Mulvaney B & L hosted by the Bustamante's ( https://marinduquemyislandparadise.blogspot.com/2022/06/the-last-of-ditas-and-carennas-farewell.html) last Friday.   The second event is this article of my unexpected adoption of two kittens instead of one.  Here are the details of this adoption.

This is Rockwell/ Romulus Katague- Adopted -6/25/22 -Very Friendly

Yesterday, Ditas, Carenna and I drove to the Bradshaw Animal Shelter looking to adopt a kitten so I will not be lone in this big house. That day there were more than 250 young and adult cats for adoption. We looked for while for 30 minutes. I got tired and sat down to rest and perused the brochures with pictures of the kittens.  At the bottom of page 1 of the brochure a picture of a Black and White Kitten attracted my attention. I told Ditas I want that kitten and wanted to see it in person. As fate dictates, the kitten was just a few feet where I was resting. The kitten has a white forehead/breast and black back( see photo above). I told the attendant at the Shelter I wanted him. The name of the  kitty was Rockwell and 9 weeks old. The attendant suggested I should also adopt Rockwell's cage and playmate mate that also look like him so they will not be lonely. The second Kitty was named Steinbeck and is 13 weeks, also a Black and White but with black forehead and phantom like face. He is 4 weeks older and slightly bigger than Rockwell. To my surprise, I decided to adopt both kittens.

This is Steinbeck/Remus Katague-Adopted 6/25/22. He is a little bit shy and not as friendly as Rockwell/Romulus- the first kitty that attracted my attention.
 

The second kitty in the shelter was named Steinbeck. I immediately decided to name him Remus* and the first kitty named Rockwell I changed to Romulos*. Both kittens are neutered male. The names Remus and Romulos reminds me of the twin brothers of Ancient Rome*. After paying for the adoption fees/paper work, we have 2 kittens to take home. Here are more photos:





Ditas and Carenna have been busy buying kitten toys, bed/scratch board and litter boxes. Hopefully when Remus and Romulos matured to adulthood, they will be able to scare the blue birds in my backyard attacking my plants and berries. In the meantime, I will have 2 kittens keeping me company this summer.   For Details on how to adopt cats/dogs and other animals visit:
 

 https://animalcare.saccounty.gov/Adoption/Pages/ViewAllAdoptableAnimals.aspx

*In Roman mythology, Romulus and Remus are twin brothers whose story tells of the events that led to the founding of the city of Rome and the Roman Kingdom by Romulus, following his killing of Remus. The image of a she-wolf suckling the twins in their infancy has been a symbol of the city of Rome and the ancient Romans since at least the 3rd century BC. Although the tale takes place before the founding of Rome around 750 BC, the earliest known written account of the myth is from the late 3rd century BC. Possible historical bases for the story, and interpretations of its various local variants, are subjects of ongoing debate.(Wikipedia)



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...