WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, May 12, 2023

Learning the Market Values of David E Art and Sport Collections

David E had 4 items that have higher market values of what I expected as follows:

1. This is one of the Samurai Japanese Warrior Prints ( Framed) out of 12 that I found in David's closet while I was preparing for the Estate Sale because I am moving. I was intending to sell it for $10 each, However, when I had it appraised I was told the current market value of this art is around $80-$100 each. Here's a quote from the Appraiser.    

The photo above is by Kuniyoshi. The series is titled 69 stations along the Kisokaido and this particular print is of Yabuhara Station with the warrior Sue Harutaka on horseback.  The market value for prints from this series are about $80-100 each.

2. This is a Mark King Painting, Martin Laurence Edition, Framed 28'' x 31'' 

I was planning to sell it for $100. I did some search on E-Bay. It is listed at $675


3. This is Pair of Chinese Water Color Prints, Fah-yen-Fah,the Princess dated 1926

I was planning to sell it for $50 each. I did some google search and I found the market value of this art ranged from $225 to $250 each. An honest neighbor informed me to do some search, before selling it at $50 each. Here's our conversation with my honest neighbor on the value of this art.

"I just Google lenses those. They are worth a couple hundred each. I would get them appraised if I were you. But I will take them for 50 if you just want to sell them".
 
Thanks for the advise. How will I go about appraisal?. They are dated 1926 and were $50 then, so they must be worth more than a couple of hundred as you indicated by today. Yes I will have it appraised. Tks
 
This painting is Fah-yen-Fah, the Princess. The 1940 is listed on Goggle for $225. Since Mine is dated 1926, it probably worth at Least $300. The other painting is titled Elbow Page of Viceroy, Painting No.2
 
Honest Neighbor:
FO Park, BV, Northridge
I would look for a reputable antique dealer. Watch out though, there are shady people out there. 😂
 
Thank you for your honesty and advise!
 
 
4. This is another valuable of David E sports Memorabilia. I have no idea what the market value is but at the bottom of this page is the link on some of his memorabilia,  
 
Nolan Ryan is possibly the most devastating, unpredictable, and intimidating pitcher to ever lace up the spikes. Nolan Ryan is one of this generation’s most collectible baseball players. Ryan debuted in 1966 with the New York Mets and pitched in all or part of 27 seasons. For Ryan the good came with the bad. When he retired in 1993, he held the record for most career strikeouts (5,714) but also the record for most career walks (2,795). Ryan continues to hold both records today by a commanding margin. Ryan was always considered an exciting and fiery pitcher to watch. He threw more no-hitters, seven, than any other pitcher, which is three-more than second-place Sandy Koufax.


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...