WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, September 11, 2023

The 22nd Anniversary of the Bombing of the WTC- Pinoy Comfort Food

Dinah and I purchased Dinuguan, paksiw na lechon, pancit, ampalaya with shrimps, Turon and Kutsinta (rice cake), lumpia as well as steamed white rice from Irma's Restaurant, Seafood City, Concord yesterday. We also purchased two red mangoes from the grocery. I ate 1/4 serving of the Dinuguan, the rest I placed in the Freezer for future cravings.  Dinah and I had one Turon each and 2 puto Kutsinta for dessert. It was DELICIUOS.  

I craved for comfort food when I feel sad.  Sad because I remembered what happened to the World Trade Center and Pentagon, 22 years ago today.  Here's an excerpt from ABC news and from my article from Hubpages on the 9/11 attack.  Today, the nation marks the 22nd anniversary of the terrorist attacks of the bombing of the World Trade Center, NYC, and the Pentagon in Washington DC.   

"The New York City Fire Department has added 43 new names to its World Trade Center Memorial Wall commemorating firefighters, paramedics and civilian support staff members who have died from illnesses related to the rescue and recovery efforts in the aftermath of one of the darkest days in U.S. history.

The additions to the memorial wall bring the total number of FDNY members who have succumbed to post-9/11 illnesses to 331, which is nearly equal to the number of firefighters killed in the Twin Towers on the day of the attacks (343)."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/forget-names-43-fdny-members-added-911-memorial/story?id=102998567

Where were you that day when the world trembled and changed the way we travel by plane?  

Here's an excerpt from my article from Hubpages.com  on my personal experience of that day that I hope we we will never forget. 

" That unforgettable and catastrophic event can not be erased from my memory and even today, I can still clearly remember what I was doing at that exact time of the bombing (8:46AM, 9/11/01) as well as the next 24 hours of hectic personal activities, related to the bombing. At that time, as an employee of the Food and Drug Administration, I had the opportunity to help the thousands of burnt victims from the fire due to the bombings. The incident and how the members of my review team helped the burnt victims, I considered the highest point in my professional career as Chemistry Team Leader for FDA.

The most heinous crime of the 21st century produced thousands of burns victims. Two drugs in my division, Sulfamylon and Silvadene, approved for the treatment of burns were out of supply. A chemistry manufacturing supplement has to be approved by Federal law to manufacture more of these ointments in a new facility. This required a review by the chemist, an inspection of the facility by a field inspector,  my approval as the chemistry team leader plus the paper work by the project manager. 

The drugs were needed immediately, so we had to do an expedited review of the manufacturing supplement. It took us only 12 hours to approve the new facility and the review of the chemistry, manufacturing and control submission. This review normally takes between one month to three months depending on the availability of the field inspector and the schedule of the review chemist.

In December, 2001, the four members of my review team received a special cash recognition award from FDA management for our work on expediting the review of the two drugs. Of all my awards, this one is the most appreciated. I felt that I had done my job as a public servant and had helped the victims of the terrorist attack in a timely manner.

https://discover.hubpages.com/education/the-day-the-world-trembled

Meanwhile, yesterday my cravings for Filipino Food was satiated. Daughter Dinah, a resident of Dublin, Ca drove me to Seafood City in Concord.  The photo above was my purchase of the day including two big red mangoes. Here are my favorite FOOD quotes. 

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” “We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.” “You don't need a silver fork to eat good food.” “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives.”

Have a Great Week Every One-and To My Relatives and Readers All Over the World!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...