WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, September 3, 2023

My Life Here at THD-Three Down, Three More to Go!

I have six grand children ranging in ages from 20 to 33. Three are now married- so three more to GO! My chance of having great grand children before I conked out from Planet Earth is improving.   

The last 3 days have been a busy weekend for the David B Katague Clan here in the East Bay. Alix Katague, my grand daughter oldest daughter of Dodie, my oldest son, got married to Brendan Quinn, her college boy friend for quite some time.  Alix and Brendan are Software Engineers. 

The venue of the wedding was at the Berkeley City Club*- a building listed as one of the historic landmark buildings of California because it was one of the buildings design by the famous woman architect, Julia Morgan.  The wedding was a 3-day affair. Friday was the rehearsal dinner, SATURDAY- THE WEDDING AND PARTY and Sunday today was the post wedding brunch, to bid the newly wedded couple luck and fun during their one week honey moon trip to Bora Bora, French Polynesia in the next couple of days. 

There were around 120 guests coming from New York, Arizona, San Diego, Sacramento, Mountain View as well as from the other East Bay cities. I was part of the wedding entourage and was recognized during the TOAST by the mother of the Groom, Marianne Caruana Quinn as the PATRIACH of the Katague Clan. Thanks a million, Marianne for the unexpected recognition of my presence at the wedding. We are delighted to welcome your son, Brendan to the Katague family with love and affection. I will treat Brendan as my own grand son.  You raised Brendan to be a compassionate and loving husband to my Grand Daughter.   Since a picture is worth more than thousand words, here are some photos from the wedding ceremony and party.     



















*https://www.berkeleycityclub.com/


3 comments:

Susie said...

Lovely photos of you and your family.

David B Katague said...

Thank You, Susie!

Anonymous said...

I love weddings. Great wedding photos and a lovely bride and groom on their happy day. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...