WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Mind is Clear (Young) but My Body is Weak(Old)

Miko and Me at the West Terrace of our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque last Month
Yesterday, after 40 minutes of working in my yard, trimming bushes, raking leaves and a little weeding, my back started to ache, I had a hard time standing up. It ached so much that I have to take a pain killer. This tells me I should do only gardening by mouth( that is let someone do the work). But the above activity is a good exercise and I really enjoy doing it.

Regarding my mind, I still have a good memory. I could still remember the unit prices of all building materials, such as cement, tiles, hinges, hollow blocks etc.., that I purchased last year in the construction of the additional room in our beach house in Marinduque.

I STILL play bridge ( party and duplicate)and remember almost all the 52 cards based on the bidding. For those of you who do not play bridge, you only see 26 cards. The other half is hidden, but based on the bidding, and of your memory of how the bidding went as well as the cards already played, you actually can guess about 95% accuracy the location of all the 52 cards. I am proud to say, my memory is still good when it comes to bridge.

But I noticed that my memory now is not as good as when I was in high school. In high school, my teacher in world history wanted to give me 100%, since all my tests were all 100, but the highest grade he could legally gave me was only 95%. I had a photographic memory then. But today, that photographic memory is gone, gone, gone.

So my dear readers, can you tell me where to find the fountain of youth? Do you have a formula or a lifestyle that slow down the aging process? Please share and Good Day to you All

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone ages and eventually dies. The fountain of youth may be achieved through regular exercise and having proper nutrition. There is a little blue pill which may help in the bedroom, but is otherwise useless outside of it.

If you have not heard of Cenegenics of Las Vegas, NV, (some people refer to it as a fountain of youth) they encourage the use of testosterone and growth hormones wich are steroids. They have numerous side effects. Their steroid, exercise and diet regimen can transform your body into a younger man, but does not improve the overall functionality of the body. Steroid use may increase your risk of developing cancer. Their programs can be expensive for many people, but many wealthy patrons seek their services.

Again, the best way to slow down aging is to do regular exercise and eat well. It is safer and much cheaper than using Cenegenics.


Johannes Cruff

David B Katague said...

Hi Johannes, thank you for your feedback. I have also read that the key is also moderation. No overeating and everything else is moderation, besides exercise and a positive outlook in life. Thanks again for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...