WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, August 31, 2018

A Blossom Ridge LVN and My Home Care Aides

Macrine had been under the care of Blossom Ridge(BR) Home Health Care** Employees for the last 60 days. Visiting Nurses, LVN's, Physical and Occupational therapists as well as a home care aide( bathing) visit us twice a week. In addition, I have hired on my own, two home care aides from two private agencies ( Helping Hearts and Partners-in-Care). Helping Hearts aide comes MWF for 4 hours from 9:30AM to 1:30PM. She is a Mexican-American lady(LS) in her mid-50's. Macrine likes her because of her Spanish and their common love for Julio Iglesias music.

On Tuesday and Thursday, a Filipina-American(MR) helps me in taking care of Macrine for also 4 hours. Macrine also likes her. On Saturday and Sunday, a Tongan-American Lady(MT) in her mid 40's help us for 8 hours. I am not paying agencies fees for MT services, since she is a friend of David's coworker. May I reiterate again all these expenses for custodial care are not covered by my insurance.

Interactions between BR personnel and my hired home health aides occurs every now and then. One day an LVN (S) from BR who specialized in wound care came to visit when my Mexican-American (LS) care giver was also around. After the wound care visit, LS was upset so I asked her why. LS informed me she did not like the attitude of S who ordered her to move Macrine and not trying to help. When LS asked help from S to transfer Macrine from her wheel chair to the bed, S told LS she is not allowed to move Macrine because she is not a physical therapist. I can not believe this statement so we reported it to the Nurse Case Manager. The next day when S came to visit Macrine her attitude has changed. She offered to help my Filipina-American(MR) aide transfer Macrine from the wheel chair to the bed. Currently, I like to tease LS by telling her S is her best friend. LS gets upset when I told her S is her best friend.

There is another incident involving S that involved MR just today. When S came to the house this morning I was outside in the garage. MR was taking care of Macrine and was the one who opened the door for S. When S did not see me around she asked MR my whereabouts, asking MR where is the husband of the patient ( I guess S does not know that my name is David). Before MR could reply, she heard S murmuring that this visit is a waste of her time. MR did not like S attitude. When MR told S that I was just in the garage, S stopped murmuring and complaining about the visit as a waste of her time.

Overall we are happy with the other BR employees. We enjoyed the services of the Physical therapist (C) and the Bath Lady (A). We are also thankful for the services of the Nurse Case Manager(SB) who has ordered clinical supplies for Macrine in a timely manner. Special mention to C for arranging in a timely manner for the rental of the hospital electric bed. And to H -the occupational therapist for her short visits.

**https://blossomridge.net/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...