WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, August 17, 2018

It is Expensive Getting Old in the United States of America


Last year, when Macrine required long term care assistance I finally realized that it is very expensive getting old here in the United States in spite of my Federal Medical Insurance and Medicare A Benefits. I searched the Internet and confirmed that the US is ranked poorly compared to other 10 countries in terms of seniors health care benefits.

"The most notable way the U.S. differs from other industrialized countries is the absence of universal health insurance coverage. Other nations ensure the accessibility of care through universal health systems and through better ties between patients and the physician practices that serve as their medical homes. Source: The Commonwealth Fund Mirror 2014 Update".

For more details visit the following site:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/11/30/u-s-healthcare-for-seniors-ranked-poorly-compared-to-10-other-countries/#1410013f339e

Personal Note: I have a Federal Medical insurance (BCBS) which covers most of Macrine and my short term medical needs and drug prescriptions. I am paying $500 monthly premium for this benefit. However I do not have long term insurance coverage or long term custodial care insurance. In addition, Macrine and I have Medicare A which covers all Hospitalization costs, but not incidentals etc.....Every time Macrine goes to the Emergency Room or Hospital, my pocket expense ( not covered by Insurance) totals to about $1000 to $3000 per episode. In addition, Macrine long term custodial care is not covered by my BCBS or Medicare. Right now I am spending about $2800 a month for Macrine's custodial care. All these expenses are coming from my own SAVINGS, since I do not have long term care insurance which is super expensive. However the 60-day home care visits after hospitalization by a nurse, physical and occupational therapies and home care aide( bathing) is covered by Medicare. I am paying only $8 a month for the rental of an electric hospital bed-an excellent benefit.

It is indeed very expensive getting old here in the United States of America! May be we will move to Canada or the Philippines! Comments anyone?

Here's the site showing average costs for long term care in the US:

https://longtermcare.acl.gov/costs-how-to-pay/costs-of-care.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...