WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Grand Daughter Carenna Katague Thompson Spotlighted in School Newsletter

Carenna is freshman at the Elliott School of International Affairs at the University of Washington in DC. She a Student staff member and spotlighted on the current issue of their school newspaper-The Elliott Insider. This is a monthly newsletter for the Elliott Staff. In this November issue there is a list of the 2022-2023 Religious Holidays Calendar observed by Christians, Jews, Muslims and other religions of the World. A very informative calendar if you are interested of other cultures in the world besides your own.   

I am so proud of her accomplishments. Note that she mentioned in the interview  two favorite filipino food- Lumpia and Pancit . I am indeed s very, very proud LOLO  Here's the article. 

Meet Carenna Thompson
Public Affairs Work Study Student

Favorite Halloween candy?

Reese's, any Reese's product, but the original is the best.

Your best ever Halloween costume and how old were you?

In preschool, I dressed up as Mavis from Thomas the Train.

Favorite Holiday and why?

Thanksgiving. It's the food. We love traditional Thanksgiving food at my house and Filipino food like Lumpia and Pancit, so it's like my two favorite cultures coming together.

What's your opinion on dressing up pets on holidays?

As long as they're comfortable. I have a border collie corgi and sometimes I dress him up.

Now more serious topics. What are you studying?

International Affairs and Geography

What do you hope to do in the future?

Hopefully work for an NGO focused on climate change.

You went to an IB high school in the Netherlands. What was that like compared to your typical American peers?

What I really enjoyed was that I got to pursue my passions early, like Global Politics. It was an international boarding school so I got to live with and grow up with people from all over the world, so I think it broadened my horizons in terms of culture and experiences.

What's the best thing about living in the DMV?

The Mall and Rock Creek Park. I love just walking along the Mall, it's just a few blocks away and it's so spacious and open. Rock Creek is great because it seems like you're deep in the heart of nature even while you are in the middle of the city.

 

 Meanwhile enjoy this photo from my collection.


Where is Carenna in this photo?

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...