WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Filipino National Shirt-The Barong

The article below published today by CNN💥 about the popularity of the Barong to the new generations of Filipino-Americans, reminded me of my presentation and talk about the Philippines here at THD.

In my October 14, Resident Talk here at THD-I wore a lime Green Barong( see photo above). I also brought along with me for display, two of my several Barong collections- the traditional classic white/beige embroidered and made -of pineapple fiber and a light blue Barong made of modern synthetic blend fabric ( see photo below). 

It elicited a few question along with women's butterfly sleeves terno that I also described during my talk. I did not bring my formal black Barong I wore during my grand daughter wedding last September. Since pictures are worth more than a thousand words I am reposting the following photos of some of my barongs and an example of the TERNO- the women's gown with butterfly sleeves.        



My Formal Black Barong I wore during Alix and Brendan Wedding, September 2, 2023

And here's example of the Women's Gown with butterfly sleeves worn by Macrine (RIP), my spouse of 63 years. The photo below was taken during our 55th Wedding Anniversary in the Philippines.

Toasting Champagne at Our Wedding Anniversary

and Alix-my grand daughter with her butterfly sleeves dress


 Please read this site on the revival and popularity of the Barong among the new generation of Filipino-Americans as published today in CNN news. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...