WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Taste of Southern France- This Month Travel Adventure Here at THD

The Taste of Southern France, Travel Series Here at THD started with a musical treat last Saturday night at our Cinema. I took some photos during the video presentation as well as the repertoire for the evening. The presentation started on time with introduction from host, Galen Corson, THD Activity Director.   






I was a little bit disappointed of the one-hour musical tapes, since I heard better classical music before. The only one I really enjoyed  was the violin quartet. Ravel's Pavane I heard before. Another performance of this sad piece of  music I am reposting in the following video. It is a violin and piano duo rendition with pianist Carlos Avila( my late wife nephew) and Violinist Gonzales.    

 Meanwhile, Here's a list of the best places to visit in Southern France     
https://www.travelandleisure.com/best-places-to-visit-in-south-of-france-7488163




Bordeaux & Aquitaine – Great for: Vineyards, Foie Gras, Duck, Wine Tasting – Read our Aquitaine Travel Guide

Dordogne – Great for: Wine, Foie Gras, Truffles and Market Towns – Read our Dordogne Travel Guide

Midi-Pyrénées – Great for: Skiing, Wine and Festivals – Read our Midi-Pyrénées Travel Guide

French Riviera – Great for: Mediterranean-style beaches, Nice, St. Tropez, Cannes, Yachting and Festivals – Read our Côte d’Azur Travel Guide

Provence-Alpes – Great for: Mountains to the Mediterranean, Bouillabaisse, Provence and Avignon – Read our Provence Travel Guide


Personal Note: Looking forward to the Taste of France Special Dinner. I am wondering what would be the Entree? Will it be Pot-au-Feu?

The Oxford Companion to Food calls pot-au-feu "a dish symbolic of French cuisine and a meal in itself"; the chef Raymond Blanc has called it "the quintessence of French family cuisine ... the most celebrated dish in France, that honors the tables of the rich and poor alike"; and the American National Geographic magazine has termed it the national dish of France.


pot-au-feu means pot on fire.


2 comments:

Jane said...

Here’s what I’d like to see on the menu:
Lunch:
Croque Monsieur

Dinner:
REAL French Onion Soup
Boeuf Bourguignon
Crème Brulee

David B Katague said...

I hope your wish for Croque Monsieur for lunch will come true. I will settle for French Toast for Breakfast. Creme brulee for dessert have been served at Newton's several times during my 8 months residency here at THD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...