WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, September 9, 2024

My First Song Parody- Happy Birthday, Dean

I wrote My first song parody in 2013. It is a song that Macrine's (RIP) and I loved very much. It is song about the city we loved (San Francisco, Ca)- I Left My Heart in San Francisco. 

 "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" is a popular song, best known as the signature song of Tony Bennett. It was written in late-1953 in Brooklyn, New York, with music by George Cory (1920–1978) and lyrics by Douglass Cross (1920–1975).

In 1962, the song was released as a single by Bennett on Columbia Records as the b-side to "Once Upon a Time", which peaked at No. 19 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The song was also included on the album  I Left My Heart in San Francisco. It reached number seven on the Easy Listening chart. The song is one of the official anthems for the city of San Francisco. In 2018, it was selected for preservation in the National Recording Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

In 2009, when I first started blogging, I titled one of my blogs, I Left My Heart In Marinduque  (Not San Francisco).  Marinduque ( Philippines) was our second retirement home.  Our other second residence in Fair Oaks, California was our first retirement home in the US.

 My family moved from the Washington DC area after my retirement from the FDA in 2002 to Fair Oaks, California ๐Ÿ’ฅ( Eastern suburb of Sacramento), so we could help baby sit our youngest grand daughter, Carenna Katague Thompson (CKT).  At that time, Ditas our youngest daughter, mother of Carenna was still working for the Office of the Governor, Arnold Schwarzenneger in Sacramento.

Here's my music parody, I left My Heart in Marinduque.  I wrote this in 2013. This was first song parody and I have a feeling it will be the last. Sing it to the tune of Bennett's signature song, I left My Heart In San Francisco.

"The loveliness of Fair Oaks๐Ÿ’ฅ

Seems somehow sadly gay

the glory that was Boac๐Ÿ’œ

Is another day!

Ive been terribly alone

and forgotten in Sacramento

I'm going home to my town by the sea.

I left my heart in Marinduque๐Ÿ’œ

Near by the beach it beckons me

To be where the Moriones๐Ÿ’š are

Come, visit where ever you are

The morning sun rise by the sea

I don't care!

My love waits at Chateau Du Mer๐Ÿ’™

Near the blue and calmy sea

When I come home to you, Marinduque

Chateau Du Mer will welcome me!"

๐Ÿ’šThe Moriones Festival is a lenten and religious festival held annually on Holy Week on the island of MarinduquePhilippines. The "Moriones" are men and women in costumes and masks replicating the garb of biblical Imperial Romansoldiers as interpreted by locals. The Moriones tradition has inspired the creation of other festivals in the Philippines where cultural practices is turned into street festivals.

๐Ÿ’™This is a two-bedroom, two-bath beach house with 180 degree balcony with a panoramic view of the western coast of Marinduque. Maximum occupancy is 4 adults and 2 children. Snorkeling/Diving, Bathing, caves exploration and mountain climbing are the many activities enjoyed by visitors. It is the retirement home of David and Macrine Katague from Fair Oaks, California and was converted into a Bed & Breakfast in 2009. It was closed to the public in 2020. 

๐Ÿ’œBoac, officially the Municipality of Boac (Tagalog: Bayan ng Boac), is a 1st class municipality and capital of the province of Marinduque, Philippines.  Marinduque is an island province in the Philippines located in Southwestern Tagalog Region or Mimaropa, formerly designated as Region IV-B. 

Lastly, last Saturday Afternoon Encore Performance of Uma Dobia, Dean Elias youngest daughter is another musical event THD residents will always remember. Happy 90th Birthday, Dean!  Welcome to My Nonagenarian Club!! Dean is one of my loyal readers and commentator of my blogs.

๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š- The Encore Concert by your daughter Uma Dobia was another musical event that will we always remember. Her last song, I Could Have Dance All Night triggered pleasant memories of her stellar display of musical talent last year๐Ÿ’“. Her rendition of I Left My heart in San Francisco reminded me my first attempt to compose my first song parody. 

๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’šHere's the LinkedIn page of Dean: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dean-elias-1461243/


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...