WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, October 29, 2023

A Most Special Musical Treat Saturday NIGHT Here at THD

I woke up this morning still humming " I could have Dance All Night"- one of the Broadway songs sang by Uma Dobia at last night special Performance here at THD. The Lobby was filled to capacity ( standing room only) and was full 15 minutes before the performance. It was an evening that I will always remember. The repertoire was perfect-opera excerpts from my favorite operas sprinkled with a couple of broadway musical pieces and one comical piece. I sat at the back, but Uma's coloratura soprano voice filled the Lobby with musical splendor that have touched my heart and I believed all of the residents here at THD. Thank you Uma and of course to your DAD, Dean -one of my buddies here and a loyal reader and commentator of by blogs. Who is Uma Dobia?

She is the daughter of Dean Elias( our fellow resident here at THD). She is a professional singer living in Melbourne, Australia. She sings classical, musical theater, jazz and soul music. She graduated last year with a Master of Music Performance ( Opera) from the University of Melbourne. She is currently a resident emerging artist with the Australian Contemporary Opera Company. 

Uma's performance reminded me of the many broadway musical presentations I have experienced in my younger years. 

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-broadway-musicals-of-decade.html

I am not an opera enthusiast ( I have just attended two live opera presentations in my life), but last Saturday performance of Uma's reminded me that opera music can be enjoyed not only by the musical-elite but by the common person not musically-trained but musically-inclined individual like me. Again, BRAVO, BRAVO, Uma for your performance. Come Again, soon. Here are some photos taken by Karen K during the performance.    




For details on the Australian Contemporary Company read:      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Contemporary_Opera_Company

Note: To THD Management and Activity Director: An activity like this One should be the Goal of THD to enhance the Quality of Life Here at THD. Hoping to have more activity around Arts and Music in the near future! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo Oma and grateful thanks for sharing your story and beautiful voice with us residents. We look forward to another visit from you and more exciting musical moments!

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the wonderful commentary. It was a wonderful evening for everyone!!

Anonymous said...

BRAVA, BRAVA !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...