WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, October 30, 2023

A Sunday Escapade from My Gilded Cage Here at THD

Grand Daughter Alix Katague and New Hubby, Brendan Quinn and I at the Bishop Ranch Shopping Mall in San Ramon waiting for Dinah for our 2PM Dumpling Lunch Escapade/Appointment. 

Yesterday, daughter Dinah, grand daughter Alix and her new hubby Brendan Quinn and I had a festive and happy Sunday afternoon, with a dumpling lunch 💥( in the Bishop Ranch Shopping Mall) in San Ramon. Our lunch was super delicious and even my first time to taste vegetable dishes in a Dimsum Restaurant. The afternoon was followed  by 3 hours of Philippine mahjong in Dinah's place in Dublin. It is an afternoon I will always remember in my aging years. 


Playing Philippine mahjong using 16 tiles and 3 jokers is more exciting and challenging than the standard 13 tiles-no joker Hong Kong style game we play here at THD.   It have been a while I had a winning 7 pair hand with out a joker ( see photo below).

My last hand was also a 7-pair with 2 jokers but lost to a hand without a joker. This is good illustration that mahjong game is 99% luck once you mastered the basic of the game.   

Here is another photo taken by Brendan of our Mahjong Game in Dinah's Apartment.   

For Details and Menu at the Dumplings Time Restaurant in San Ramon visit:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/dumpling-time-san-ramon?osq=Dim+Sum+Restaurant💥 

Food for Thought for Today: Growing older is wonderful. It is comfortable. It is loaded with memories that you never grow tired of. It is an absolute treasure.


3 comments:

Phil Paris said...

David - True, growoing old is wonderful - but not always or not all of the time. There are quite a few losses we are called on to bear, both physical and emotional. But your positive attitude is a beautiful thing to see. Phil

Dean Elias said...

Yes, David, thanks for your engaging blogs, and as Phil notes, your positive attitude is a beautiful thing to experience. Dean

David B Katague said...

Phil and Dean-my two loyal readers of my blog and frequent commentators. I really appreciate your comments. Feedback from my readers either written or oral inspire to continue blogging. Have a Great Fall Season and Happy Halloween!
.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...