WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

High Occupancy Rate of the First Floor of the Fairmount Building (THD)

With the move of Sandi GšŸ’„ on the first floor of the Fairmount Building here at THD, only one apartment is vacant. The vacant apartment is a one bedroom recently vacated by my former next door neighbor, Marvin who moved to Merrill Gardens in Lafayette since he needs more assistance in his daily activities.  

The first floor occupants in the first floor of the Fairmount Building, I know by name. The other day, Claudia R across my apartment talk to me that she is thinking of organizing an informal welcome to our new neighbor, Sandi G in the near future.  I said she organize it and I will support her.   So currently the residents in the first floor of the Fairmount Building starting on the West Wing are Mary R, ME, and Sara R.

In the East Wing are Claudia R, Sandi G ( new resident) and Maggie Y. I have not been to the second or third floor of the Fairmount Building but looking at the names in the Mail boxes in the Garage it appears that there are 4 empty apartments in the second floor and the 3rd floor has 100% occupancy.  

On the other hand, I heard during one of our meal times conversations with some Liberty Building Residents that the occupancy rate in the Liberty Building is only about 50%. When I heard this, I was somewhat concern that THD may not be making money and the owner may be tempted to sell this compound to a Conglomerate. So I wrote an e-mail of suggestion to THD management as follows:

"Let me start this e-mail by saying this is not my business. After talking to several residents here during meal times, I have learned that THD is not known at all in the Internet World. Except for the Page Book page with limited readership, I have not seen any ads in the local newspapers advertising this 5 Star Facility for Seniors Independent Living Facility.  Perhaps additional budget for advertising is needed. 
 
Another suggestion is the Buddy system: If a resident recommends a friend/relative to rent here, he or she should be given A GIFT AND PERHAPS A DISCOUNT IN THE NEXT MONTH RENT.
 
I have a couple of friends who are interested in renting here, but I am neutral to their plans. If there is an incentive for residents if they recruit new renters, my attitude would be more positive.  Again, this is just A suggestion. I hope you do not feel I am intruding into your jobs/position here at THD.
 
David, A Happy Resident   

Here are two responses from THD Management to My E-mail:

First Response: Thank you, David.  Personally, I feel everyone should feel comfortable and welcome to offer suggestions.  I know you are a “happy resident” and I appreciate your “courage” šŸ˜Š in sending this. There is nothing wrong with providing insight and perspective that could potentially benefit the community as a whole!  Thank you again, David,



My Response to Above: My life experience as owner/manager of Bed & Breakfast Beach Resort in the Philippines tells me that advertising and promotion works. David

 


We have many new residents arriving in October and November -  A new neighbor ‘Sandi’ arriving on your floor tomorrow!  Thank you again!

 

šŸ’„I have breakfast with Sandi G. the other day( her first breakfast) here at THD. I learned she moved from Mission Viejo, CA to be near her closed relatives here in Concord and Walnut Creek. She plays bridge and aqua exercises. I told her of the THD Bridge group. She said it may take her a few weeks to settle down to participate in activities here and I can identify with that  sentiment personally. Her daughter-in-law who helped her move told her that she read in the THD Facebook page that one of the reasons why I moved here is to play bridge again after a hiatus of several years. It is a small world indeed with Facebook.


***************************************************************************************************************

I checked on Google the ranking of THD when you do Internet search for Seniors Independent Living Facility in the East Bay. THD is on the 5th row in the list as follows: 


senior independent living facilty in the East Bay


Judge for yourself. However, THD has been listed as a 2023 Award Winner for the Best Senior Independent Living Facility by the Place For Mom organization


I was assured that the owners of THD has no intention of selling this senior community to a conglomerate and I should not worry about it. 


Thank you all for reading my blogs. Your written and oral comments about my postings encourages me to continue blogging and so far so good. Have a Great Week. The rains, the rains etc....We need more rain!!!. 

**********************************************************************************************************

Personal Note: New Term  I Learned and Suggested by a Resident Reader of my Blogs: 

Instead of using and referring THD as a Facility, the term community or senior compound is better.

Instead of using the Term Cleaning Ladies, it was suggested I used the term Housekeeping Staff

I agree and appreciate very much the suggestion. Again Thank you, CP for the suggestion and reading my blogs.   To all my readers, suggestion to improve my blog posting are always encouraged and appreciated.  

1 comment:

Phil Paris said...

David - Your comments continue to be of value to me and, I believe, to the rest of us here at THD. Happy to hear there are many more people coming, something I have expected as the Covid fears have softened. Phil Paris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...