WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, September 1, 2019

An Easy Recipe for Roasted Okra

I planted Okra in my garden this year. The following photo is my 4th harvest this year. I usually cooked the okra by just steaming it and then sauteed with butter and shrimp paste ( bago-ong) with a little vinegar. I am tired with this recipe so I searched for a roasted or baked okra recipe and I found the following from Cooktoria.com


HOW TO MAKE BAKED OKRA:

1. Preheat the oven to 450F degrees.

2. Rinse the okra, and dry with a paper towel. Trim away the stem ends, and then cut it into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces. Spread the okra on a sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, paprika, salt, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Stir.

3. Bake the okra for about 15 minutes. The okra should be lightly browned and tender, with a nice seared aroma. Serve immediately.

This is a simple, flavorful, and easy Baked Okra recipe. Seasoned with paprika, salt, and a pinch of cayenne, this okra makes a great snack or side dish.


Ingredients

1 lb. fresh okra
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
salt to taste
a pinch of cayenne pepper optional

❤ COOKTORIA.COM

For my other Favorite Philippine Dishes read:

https://hubpages.com/food/my-favorite-philippine-dishes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...