WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

I feel like Cooking Oyster Rockefeller, Today

Today is not a special day such as my birthday or Mother's day. I just feel like cooking a special dish to celebrate being alive and without lingering pains in my octogenarian body. Thank you Lord for this day!

Oyster Rockefeller is one of my favorite dish to cook. https://hubpages.com/food/Feasting-on-Fresh-Oysters With the availability of fresh oysters, it is an easy recipe.

I used spinach, Parmesan cheese, onions, garlic, olive oil, parsley and bread crumbs as the ingredients. Sometimes I add bacon/mushrooms/shrimps (Bienville), If I have it in my refrigerator.  My recipe is similar to this recipe.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/oysters-rockefeller/  

For other ways of preparing oysters visit the following site:

https://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/raw-rockefeller-9-essential-oyster-preparations

For differences between Rockefeller and Bienville preparations read:

https://www.al.com/living/2013/05/davids_daily_dish_oysters_bien.html

Origin of Oyster Rockefeller and Oyster Bienville
Oysters Rockefeller, according to legend, were created about in New Orleans. They were invented to mark the occasion of a visit by industrialist John D. Rockefeller to the Crescent City.

Oysters Bienville, on the other hand, also comes to us from New Orleans. It was named in honor of an early governor Louisiana, Jean de Baptiste Le Moyne Sieur de Bienville.

These two are very elegant dishes . They are the epitome of style and sophistication and the very embodiment of living the good life.

For a list of my other favorite dishes(Filipino) read:

https://hubpages.com/food/my-favorite-philippine-dishes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...