WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Mahjong is Good for Your Mental Health

Macrine and I playing Party Bridge at the SOS Club, Modesto, CA, 1972

I just recently read that playing mahjong reduced the rate of depression in older adults/senior citizens in urban China(1).  Mahjong, the tiled-based game is very popular among Chinese as well as others of different nationalities for example,  the Filipinos. It might be a possible way to boost mental health, according to a study from the University of Georgia. 

The study concluded that playing Mahjong is a type of social participation linked to reduce rates of depression among the Chinese. It can also lead to gambling.

The above article reminded me of the several articles that I have written about mahjong in the past in my blogs ( 2, 3).

Mahjong is my favorite tile game, but bridge is my favorite card game. I learned how to play mahjong when I was only 7 years old in the Philippines. It is the best way to pass the hot summer afternoons in tropical/humid climate of the Philippines.
Playing Mahjong with Ditas and Carenna with Macrine watching.  Usually 4 players are needed but 3 could play the Game
        https://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/bridge-is-my-card-game

(1) https://www.neatorama.com/2019/09/21/Mahjong-Might-Be-The-Answer-For-One-s-Depression-Study-Shows/

(2)  https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/search?q=mahjong

(3) https://whyretireinthephilippines.blogspot.com/2013/05/mahjong-is-my-tile-game-what-is-yours.html

Mahjong is an easy game to learn in case you do not know how to play. Try it and enjoy. I hope you do not get addicted or turn it into a gambling game. 
The Mahjong set is available in various prices depending quality of the tiles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...