WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, September 25, 2023

Fresh Lemon Slices Were Used During My Pedicure Yesterday

Yesterday Dinah ( my oldest daughter) and I had pedicure in the nearby nail salon-Diva Nails located at Mt Diablo Blvd. As I entered the nail salon I saw about 3 dozens of fresh lemons of various sizes in the counter along  the side of 2 microwave ovens. I then realized the salon uses fresh slice of lemon instead of baking soda powder used by other nail salons for the water to soak your feet before the actual pedicure. Before my move here at THD, I have my pedicure done in Fair Oaks. Baking Soda I believe was used instead of fresh lemon slices. The used of fresh lemons demonstrate class to me. 


I asked the Vietnamese pedicure lady the purpose of the lemon slices. But she did not answer me. So I did some search and my guess about the acidity/antibacterial properties is correct as dicusss below.   

Due to their acidity, citrus fruits are effective skin cleansers. Their juices have antiseptic and antibacterial properties, meaning they destroy germs, inhibit the growth of microorganisms on the skin and reduce the possibility of infection

Lemon juice works to stimulate the toxin elimination process. This natural solution harnesses the antibacterial power of a lemon to relieve the pain and tenderness associated with aching feet. Pain relief aside, a lemon juice foot soak will also work as an exfoliator.

It encourages warmth distribution and harmony. A lemon footbath can be used daily as preventative healthcare or in some acute illnesses such a headache or over stimulation. It helps a person to ground and re-centre by harmonizing warmth distribution and breathing. Instead of lemon, one can used apple cider vinegar for soaking your feet. 

Not many people know that soaking feet in apple cider vinegar has many benefits. But my late son David E uses it.  It can help control infections, neutralize bad odors, soften the skin, hydrate feet, and calm itching. Apple cider vinegar is rich in acids and antifungal ingredients that can help regulate the pH balance of our skin.

So If you are looking for a place for first class pedicure close by THD-The Diva Nails is the place for You! They are open on Saturday and Sunday, but close on Monday and Tuesday. Be sure to make an appointment as the place is very busy on weekends. There are parking places nearby and is a walking distance from THD if you do not drive. If you used the Fairmount Building Exit Gate you are just across the Parking Lot of the outside Mall where the Diva Nails is located.

 Here are my favorite quotes on Pedicures.

  • “Pedicures are the cure for everything. ... 
  • “A great pedicure can be as soothing to the soul as… well, to the sole!”
  • “Pedicures; the ultimate stress reliever.”
  • “Your feet never take a day off, so take care of them.”
  • “You know it's time for a pedicure when you can exfoliate one foot with the other.”

  • Meanwhile enjoy this photo of my barrel cacti collection in my patio here at THD. 

  •  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...