WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Grand Daughter Alexandra Calkins Katague Received First Patent

Last week, I received a FaceBook message that may be the first in the David Balleza Katague Clan. My newly married grand daughter Alix ( Alexandra Calkins Katague) send me a note that she got her first patent approved.  The title of the patent is Managing Mesh Network Connectivity Using Synchronized Connection Cost Metrics.  She and four other co-workers software Engineers were co-inventors.  The applicant of the Patent is Amazon Technologies, Inc., Seattle, WA(US). The Patent No. is US 11,758,616 B1 dated September 12, 2023. The summary of the patent is shown in the above photo.  

I congratulated her and as far as I know,  this is the first patent in the the David B Katague clan. The clan has several members that excels in music, art ( paintings), ceramics, writings (novel, scientific publications, poetry), acting and singing, but this is the first achievement and creative endeavors in the field of software engineering. I congratulated Alix and asked her for a layman's explanation and practical application of the patent. She gave the following explanation.  

The patent describes an algorithm for deciding what path the internet should take through your home network to reach your phone/laptop/etc... For example if you are using WiFi on your phone, your WiFi network can use this algorithm to make smarter decisions so your phone gets the best WiFi possible. Cat videos on the Internet will load faster and buffer less.  

Alix informed me also that there are several more patents in the near future. However, getting a patent approved is a slow and tedious process. What do you know about the types of patents in the US?

Under U.S. Code Title 35, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) issues three different types of patents: utility patents, design patents, and plant patents. In order to be patentable, an invention must be novel, non-obvious, adequately described, and claimed by the patent applicant in clear, definite terms. 

The USPTO corrects errors in patents that are already issued through reissue patents, which can alter the scope of patent protection. The USPTO also issues statutory invention registrations that offer limited protection to stop other people from patenting a particular invention, design, or plant. In some circumstances, the patent terms described below can be extended. 

https://www.justia.com/intellectual-property/patents/types-of-patents/

Meanwhile enjoy the latest photos of my Gilded Cage(Apartment) here at THD. Notice the bougainvilla in my patio is blooming and my avocado plant is getting tall (last photo).

My Kitchen and Batman Lounging Area
My Living Room and TV Room
My Master Bedroom

My second Bedroom, Guest Room and Computer Room

My Catio ( Patio)- Exercise Area for Both Batman & Robin-Display Area for My Cacti Collection


Meanwhile, here are some of My Favorite Quotes on Home:
  • “Home is not a place, it's a feeling.” — ... And in Your Heart!
  • “A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built of love and dreams” — Ralph Waldo Emerson.
  • “Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark.” — ... 
  • “It's not how big the house is, it's how happy the home is.” —

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The place where one lives permanently especially as the member of a family or household. I was 30 then when I left home and went canada

Dean Elias said...

A wonderful window into your world(s): thanks, David. . . d

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...