WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, September 24, 2023

What To Do If you Feel Lonely?

Most of us feel lonely once in a while. This is specially true if you live alone. Loneliness has no age or gender boundaries. In my case, I kept busy with my blogging and do my exercises. I found the feeling of loneliness disappears. I also talk to my 2 pet cats or start playing bridge on line. 

Here at THD, I participate in activities that kept me not isolated. I play contract bridge, Hong Kong Mahjong, Mexican train and attend exercises and Zumba Activities. I socialize during meal times if I want to. What I like here at THD, is if you do not feel like socializing at meal times, you can order food and eat in your apartment. What do you do here at THD not to feel isolated and lonely?   

Are you lonely sometimes? You are not alone. Here's what I learned what steps is the best way to over come loneliness.  

1. Acknowledge Your Feelings of Loneliness

2. Know When to Engage or Disengage From the Online World

3. Find a Volunteer Opportunity as a Way to Feel Less Lonely

4. Join a Group or Club to Overcome Loneliness With In-Person Connections

5. Practice Self-Care


Meanwhile: Here are cool quotes about depression:

  • “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. ... 
  • “I need one of those long hugs where you kinda forget whatever else is happening around you for minute.” — ... 
  • “If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. ... 
  • “I understand your pain. ... 
  • “Take a shower, wash off the day.









5 comments:

Picture It! and SF Giants said...

Great suggestions, David! I walk my dog to feel less isolated. Here at THD we can choose to drop in at lobby area too. Almost always someone passing through if you feel like saying hello.

Best,
Michael

David B Katague said...

Thanks Michael for your comment. I hope you keep reading my blogs.

Anonymous said...

Do you feel lonely when you’re alone?

Dean Elias said...

Thanks for your continuing flow of practical and compasionate wisdom, David. . . I trust you are getting a flow of appeciation. . . Dean

Anonymous said...

Call, text or email a friend or relative whom you haven’t seen or heard from for a long time. It’s good to revive communications with old friends. It may be a way to get together again and share common interests and activities. No one should suffer loneliness in this day and age.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...