WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

My First Halloween Party Here at THD

Yesterday afternoon I attended my first Halloween Party here at THD. It was fun and there were lots of beautiful and creative costumes. There was a separate costumes competition for Residents and Staff members for 3 prizes.  Karen K did a great job in the decoration of the Liberty Pavilion, with the almost completed gigantic and beautiful wall mural of Trenton Gregory in the background. Music was again provided by Jeff Wessman. 

I dressed up as an Island Playboy with my Hawaiian shirt and matching hat. Here are some photos of the occasion taken by Jenny. Thank You Jenny for the photos.

Martha ( dressed as a Witch) and I dancing the jitterbug. Thank you, Martha. In the background is Jean Kavale with her Viking Head Gear.  Trenton Gregory wall mural also in the background.
Showing Off my Hawaiian Outfit with Matching Hat and My Favorite Blue Stripe Jacket
In our table were:  Norman Nelson also in his Hawaiian Shirt, Lee Cruise ( THD Party Bridge Organizer) with her Cowboy hat, Bob Blattman, Ed Hoffmann, Patti Healy and new resident Rebecca Said with her pet dog.  In the background is Joseph Woo( our favorite THD Van Driver) disguised as an old man. Joseph mask looks so real, I did not recognized him. But he could barely talk while wearing it.  
One of the costumes, that won a prize and one I really like is Maureen Bell dressed as a pregnant nun, with a label on her back " This Nun had Fun".  

Finally, Here are 2 of my favorite quotes on Halloween. 
  • "The farther we've gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we've come to need Halloween." –Paula Guran
  • "If human beings had genuine courage, they'd wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween." –Douglas Coupland
Good Bye October, Welcome November and December ( my birthday month)

  Here are more photos from the THD Facebook page and from Lisa.
Me with my Cobra Head Walking Cane and Norman Nelson in his Hawaiian Shirt
Earl and Arlene Goetze as The Faith Healers with their Drums and Maureen Bell as the pregnant Nun 
Jean Kavale with her Viking Head Gear and Eric Cox as Valentino

I looked younger that Joseph Woo in this Photo. 
Second Prize Resident Winner, Mary Ann Dewald in her Buccaneer Outfit with Sword 
Me showing off my Hawaiian shirt and Martha Rodriguez dressed as the Witch 
Some Member of The Dining and Housekeeping Staff ( Estefania Ramirez, Andrea Rivas and Veronica Arriaga- Dinning Services).  
Jennifer Hillard and Eric Cox, Office Staff and Concierge Desk
 
Karen, Activity Assistant and Staff Costume First Prize Winner, Alan Aguilar from the Kitchen Crew. 

Lisa Bellini as Judge Judy with Eric Cox as Valentino


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look like a magician 🎩with ur costume..Amazing! Happy Holloween 🎃🎃🎃celebrations. Enjoy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...