WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, September 16, 2016

An Episode of a Short Memory Loss



This morning an episode of a short term memory loss gave me a mild panic attack. This is the first time it happened to me in my more than 8 decades on this planet Earth. I thought a ghost is playing tricks on me. I know short term memory loss is part of the normal aging process. This loss of memory lasted for about two minutes and I attributed this to my waking up in the morning still sleepy because my spouse who had PD woke me up at 3AM and was wide awake for another 3 hours.

At 6:30AM ( one hour earlier than our normal waking hour), I prepared coffee and breakfast for my wife since she was wide awake three hours earlier. I cooked her oatmeal and banana besides her coffee. I was not hungry so I only drank my coffee. I gave my wife her morning medications at 7AM. After her medication and the unfinished oatmeal breakfast, she went back to sleep in our family room couch. While she was asleep, I log in to my computer, check my FaceBook page and E-mails and update my blogs.

At 7:30AM I got hungry. I decided to finish the oatmeal that my wife did not consumed. It was cold so I put in the microwave for 30 seconds. During this period I went to the bathroom. After my bathroom break, I went back to the table and was looking for my oatmeal. It was gone. I looked for it for about 2 minutes. I even asked my wife if she took it, She said no since she has not moved from her couch. I went back to the bathroom, and the adjoining rooms to check and no oatmeal. I thought a ghost must be playing tricks on me and I panic a little bit.

I decided to sit down and relax and bingo I finally remembered I placed the oatmeal in the microwave! This short memory loss lasted for over two minutes. According to http://bebrainfit.com/stop-short-term-memory-loss/, the above episode is considered a mild example of a short term memory loss. Here are examples of mild ( normal) and serious memory losses from the above site.

Some memory loss signs that are considered normal and may be only mild forgetfulness:

*Misplacing common objects
*Not being able to come up with the right word to say
*Not remembering what you just read
*Walking into a room and not remembering why
*Occasionally calling people you care about by the wrong name

Some Signs of memory loss that may be considered serious include:

*Getting seriously lost close to home
*Having a hard time following simple book or movie plots
*Struggling to keep up with daily tasks like paying bills or preparing meals
*Not remembering whether you’ve eaten or not
*Repeatedly asking the same question
*Experiencing personality changes

For more information on short term memory loss also visit the site below:
http://www.livescience.com/42891-short-term-memory-loss.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...