WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, September 19, 2016

Old and Treasured Photos and Newspaper Clippings in My Collection

I was looking at my old pictures and was delighted to see the following: The first two photos I do not remember filing in my collection. The first photo should be of interest to the members of the NIEVA clan. The rest of the photos triggered pleasant memories in my aging brain.

Mama Elena Nieva Jambalos, with Sisters and Brother and Lola Elving( Elvira Sarmiento Nieva).

Front Row: Mama Elena, Lola Elving Sarmiento Nieva, Tita Charing.
Standing: Tita Moning, Tito Will, Tita Ely and Tita Eting.
Not in the Photo: Tita Sanie and Tito Tino. Year Early 1950's ?. In the background is the statue of the Virgin Mary of the Biglang Awa. Location: Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Mama Elena Children: Macrine Jambalos Katague, Sister Guia Jambalos ( Order of the Cenacle), Bernardo Jambalos III ( Deceased), Fe Jambalos, Edgar Jambalos ( deceased), Jean Maeda and Charro Levine

Tita Charing ( Rosario Carrion) is the mother of Puchi Carrion de Riccio, Bing Seagull and others
Tita Moning ( Monica Luarca) is the mother of Olga Luarca Quiazon, Charie Magalang and others
Tito Will ( Guillermo Nieva) is the father of Rene, Yong, Oski and others


At the Marinduque High School, Mama Elena, the high school principal and later Science Supervisor with some of her teachers. Mama Elena is standing 3rd from the Right. Early 1950's?, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines. Please let me know if you know the names of any one in this photograph.

1952 UPSCAN with Fr Delaney, Dr Vidal Tan and Professor Antonio Molina, My wife ( of 59 years), Macrine Nieva Jambalos is on the second back row, 3rd from the Left. Lyn Minoza, my teacher in Chemistry, Archie del Rosario and Jess Perlas are some of the names I can remember in the above photo. Location: University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

First Thanksgiving Day in the United States, Danville, Illinois in 1960 (Clippings from the local newspaper)

Our Citizenship Party in Modesto, California, 1972 (Newspaper Clippings from the Modesto Bee)

My GS-14 Promotion as Expert on Anti-Malarial and Anti-Parasitic Drug Products, 1993 ( Clippings from the Philippines News)

My Equal Employee Opportunity (EEO) Award from the Food and Drug Administration(FDA) in 1998. This is one of the many awards I have received during my employment with FDA from 1990-2002, in Silver Spring, Maryland

My Brothers and Sisters with our Mother-Paz Balleza Katague, Iloilo, Philippines, 1976. Last month I lost my brother Erico ( First Picture on Back Row from the Right).

Some members of the David B. Katague and Jambalos Clan at the welcome Dinner given by Rene and Genny Nieva at their condo in Eastwood after our 50th wedding anniversary celebration in 2007 and prior to vacationing to Boracay Island, Aklan, Philippines.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...