WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, September 5, 2016

When it Rains, It Pours!

Carenna at top of the World-Hawaii, 2016

I am not talking about the weather here in Northern California. It had not rained here for the last six months. I am talking about my two daughters ( Dinah and Ditas) and two grand daughters ( Elaine and Carenna)visiting Macrine during this past week. Macrine was beaming with happiness after she got a visit from Ditas and Carenna yesterday. The other day she was also visited and taken shopping by my other daughter and grand daughter( Dinah and Elaine) as I described in my recent posting.

This is the first time since she was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease that she felt loved and not forgotten by her children. And most of all two visits in one week- a very rare occasion. Macrine then blurted out-When it Rains, it Pours! ( in Filipino-tagalog).

Ditas and Carenna KT ( Katague-Thompson)

In my case I understand if my children and grand children do not visit us often. They have their own lives and busy with their own activities and they do not live near or just across the street. I am happy to hear from them during Holidays ( Thanksgiving and Christmas), Mothers Day, Fathers Day and our birthdays. But for Macrine due to her PD, she feels isolated and not loved ( side effects of her many medications), so she welcome a telephone call more often.

Thus after Ditas and Carenna visit giving her chocolate covered macadamia nuts( gift from their vacation from Hawaii last week), I was not surprised when she blurted out, I am so happy today!. I asked her why? Well, she said I got two visits this week and I heard news from my other two grand daughters, Alix and Marina. Alix and Marina are our oldest son( Dodie) daughters. I asked Macrine if Dodie call her recently? Macrine said No! Dodie calls me only on Mothers Day.

Alix Katague at the Cornell University Gardens, 2014

Evidently, Macrine asked Ditas if she heard from Dodie. Ditas told her Marina is now in her second year of College at San Luis Obispo Poly Technic University and Alix is in her senior at Cornell University.

The good news about Alix is that she had accepted a job offer from a Hi-Tech Company based here in San Francisco. She will work for the company( I know the name of the company) after her graduation next year. Alix had worked for this company this summer as part of her Internship program. The company must have been impressed of her summer internship, they did not hesitate to offer her a job, even before her graduation. Alix is majoring in Computer Engineering. Congratulations, Alix!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...