WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Luscious Red Mangoes for Breakfast Today



I grew up in Iloilo, Philippines. Mangoes to me are the delicious Mangoes from Guimaras, Philippines. However, when I immigrated to the US in the early 1960's, Philippine mangoes were not available in the US. Thus, my family and I were happy to indulge in red mangoes mostly from Mexico. Today, I found out that the red mangoes marked Latina from Brazil is not as luscious as the red mangoes imported from Mexico.

Last week I bought one of the biggest mangoes I have ever seen as shown in the photo above. The red mangoes was imported from Mexico. It was delicious, luscious, and sweet. These mangoes I can now compare are as good as the Guimaras mangoes of my childhood years. My desires and longing for Philippines Guimaras mangoes are satiated with these Mexican Red mangoes available here in our neighborhood grocery stores. The price of these red mangoes are reasonable if they are on sale. I paid $5 for the 4 big mangoes.
Enjoying the Fruits of the Season- Big and Luscious Red Mangoes


Mangoes are considered the King of fruits and I agree with most writers that the fruit deserved its name. There are numerous varieties available. However, the most popular in the world are from India, Pakistan and the Philippines. Here in the US most of the popular varieties are imported from Mexico or Haiti.

In Hawaii, the two most common varieties are the Haden (orange/red) and Pirie (yellow/green). Rich in vitamins A and C, mangoes are typically sweet; and while taste is subjective, people often characterize the fruit as a cross between pineapples and oranges (though not as acidic), with a hint of peach. The texture is described as a mix between cantaloupe and avocado, dense yet silky when eaten.

For more information on mangoes, visit the following site:

http://www.mango.org/Choosing-Using-Mangos/Mango-Varieties

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...