WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, October 12, 2020

Celebration of Life: Macrine J.Katague via her Favorite Music (Violin)-Part 3

This is Part 3 of the series, Celebration of Life of Macrine J. Katague, through her love of music.  In her younger days, Macrine loves to sing and play the piano as well as participate in Choral Concerts (with me)-The University of the Philippines Student Catholic Action Choir-Diliman. Q.C. 1952-1953.   In this episode, I am featuring one of her favorite piece, Schubert Serenade (violin).

 "Ständchen" (known in English by its first line "Hark, hark, the lark" or "Serenade"), D 889, is a lied for solo voice and piano by Franz Schubert, composed in July 1826 in the then village of Währing. It is a setting of the "Song" in act 2, scene 3 of Shakespeare's Cymbeline. The song was first published by Anton Diabelli in 1830, two year's after the composer's death. The song in its original form is relatively short, and two further verses by Friedrich Reil  were added to Diabelli's second edition of 1832. Here's the lyrics in English and German:
My songs plead softly
Leise flehen meine Lieder

Through the night to you;
Durch die Nacht zu dir;

Down into the silent grove
In den stillen Hain hernieder

Darling, come to me!
Liebchen, komm zu mir!
Slender treetops rustle in a whisper
Flüsternd schlanke Wipfel rauschen

In the moon's light;
In des Mondes Licht;

Hostile eavesdropping on the traitor
Des Verräters feindlich Lauschen

Fear not, dear.
Fürchte, Holde, nicht.
Can you hear the nightingales beating?
Hörst die Nachtigallen schlagen?

Oh!
Ach!

they beg you
sie flehen dich,

With the sounds of sweet laments
Mit der Töne süßen Klagen

Plead for me
Flehen sie für mich.
They understand the tendons of the bosom
Sie verstehn des Busens Sehnen

Know the pain of love
Kennen Liebesschmerz,

Stir with the sieve tones
Rühren mit den Siebeltönen

Every soft heart.
Jedes weiche Herz.
Let your chest move too
Laß auch dir die Brust bewegen,

Dear hear me!
Liebchen höre mich!

I wait for you trembling
Bebend harr' ich dir entgegen

Come make me happy!
Komm, beglücke mich!
 
Source: Musixmatch

While searching for the best arrangement of Serenade, I found this piece by Chopin that I really like, Joie de Vivre (piano)

 also a violin, Meditation from Thais by Massenet-another of Macrine's favorite


 For my own favorite violin concertos read my blogs as follows:
 https://marinduqueawaitsyou.blogspot.com/search?q=violin+concertos

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...