WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Food for Thought for Today: Tortoise, Stillness and Patience

I was reading a FB comment of a relative the other day. It reminded me of my two collection of turtles ( a ceramic and wood) that I am posting today.

This is my Turtle Nite Light-Guiding Me in the Darkness of the Night

Do you know the differences between turtles and Tortoises?

Tortoises ARE Turtles

All the animals alive today that protect themselves with a shell — basically just a modified rib cage — are in the order Testudines. Collectively, we call this group of animals "turtles," but individually, we might call them different things based on where they live and some morphological and physiological traits.

"They say that not all turtles are tortoises, but all tortoises are turtles," says Smith. "The turtles are organisms with a shell, which might be in water or might be on land. A tortoise is a type of turtle."

In general, both turtles and tortoises (as well as other reptiles) lay their eggs on land — it's what makes them different from amphibians, which need water for egg-laying and at least part of their life cycle.

Because tortoises are turtles, it's difficult to lay down hard and fast rules about what makes something tortoise-ish rather than turtle-ish. But in general, tortoises are always found on land, whereas turtles can be found in aquatic or marine habitats as well as land.

( https://animals.howstuffworks.com/reptiles/tortoise-turtle-difference.htm )

Quote from a FB friend: TORTOISE AND STILLNESS. For years I had been drawn to turtles and what they teach me. The more simple lesson being.. "Though it make take years to manifest... the answer will come!" Patience". Of course, I still struggle and, admittedly, in many other times, esp. during "chaos" in mind and spirit , but at least in my Quiet Time each early morning for decades now, I have had turtles surrounding me, reminding me! And I believe it..the ANSWER will come!

My wooden turtle dwarfed by my wooden horse wood carving from the Philippines. Meanwhile, enjoy this photo:

 

My crystal collection of animals: horse, 2 turtle doves, swan, dolphin and elephant

Also, enjoy this video -one of Macrine's Favorite Music


Somewhere in Time/Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini-Rachmaninoff  

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...