WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Celebration of Life: Macrine J. Katague via her Favorite Music ( Hymns)-Part 10

This is Part 10 of the 14 Series on Macrine J. Katague, Celebration of Life.

Macrine loved to sing. In her younger years, she sings coloratura soprano. When she started smoking later in her forties ( during nursing school), her voice changed to mezzo soprano. Macrine and I loved singing in the choir here in Northern California. In the late 1980's, we sang in our church choir on Sunday masses in Pinole, as well as with the UP Alumni, Berkeley Chapter Choir based in El Sobrante, California.

Eleven years ago, we sang in our Church Choir here in Fair Oaks. We even sang a duet of Silent Night in Tagalog at the concert before the Christmas midnight mass. Macrine and I had also organized the Marinduque Association of the Capital Area( MACA) Christmas Caroling Group in Colesville, Maryland in the late 1990's.

Besides singing in the church Choir with me, Macrine sang a few times during a friends wedding and she got paid, so I will consider her a semi-pro. Anyway in this episode, I am posting two of her favorite hymns that we sometimes sung during Catholic masses.  Make a Channel of your Peace( the Prayers of St.Francis), and On Eagle Wings..

  

The Prayer of St Francis song (Make me a Channel of your Peace)reminds me of our one week vacation in Rome and in the Vatican, and our visit to Assissi, Italy in 1990

On Eagle Wings reminds me of our one week vacation in Aruba, 2001

Meanwhile, while searching for the best arrangement of the above two songs, I found two renditions of Cohen's Hallelujah as follows:

Celine Dion surprises the Canadian Tenors-Oprah in the Audience 

Religious Hymns reminds me of our college years and the University of the Philippines Student Catholic activities, 1951-1955.

https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/search?q=UPSCA

Meanwhile, enjoy this photo from Chateau Du Mer, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines-our second home!!


 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...