WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, December 19, 2020

I Will be 86 Years Young Tomorrow-The Winter of My Life

Tomorrow, December 20 will be my 86th birthday. I Thank the Lord for all His Blessings all these years! There will be no Party or Family Get Together due to Covid-19. David and I will just order Lobster Dinner via Doordash*

My 80th Birthday Celebration and Family Get Together-Six Years Ago

I will be 86 years old tomorrow, December 20. This is the season of winter and sunset of my life. There will be no big celebration because we are still in the LOCKDOWN mode due to Covid-19. However there will be recollections of my life ( see sites listed below for details). Here's a video ( poem) that I can identify about the winter of my life.


This time of my life I will also call the Sunset of My Life. Here's another video about Sunsets that reminds me of my eight decades and six years of my life.

Here's one of my favorite poems on aging by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, ‘Youth and Age’.

When I was young?—Ah, woful When!
Ah! for the change ’twixt Now and Then!
This breathing house not built with hands,
This body that does me grievous wrong,
O’er aery cliffs and glittering sands,
How lightly then it flashed along:—
Like those trim skiffs, unknown of yore,
On winding lakes and rivers wide,
That ask no aid of sail or oar,
That fear no spite of wind or tide!
Nought cared this body for wind or weather
When Youth and I lived in’t together …

‘You’re only as old as you feel’ might be a rough paraphrase of the main sentiment driving this poem, by one of English literature’s leading Romantic poets.

Here's a short article on the Afterglows of the Sunset of our Lives 

https://marinduquemyislandparadise.blogspot.com/2016/02/2016-update-afterglows-in-sunset-of-our.html

https://marinduquemyislandparadise.blogspot.com/2017/01/my-childhood-polio-is-catching-up-with.html

Here's another video projecting my hope and goals as I enjoy the remaining years of my life-The Beauty in the Winter Garden

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwZtJLSpyo

And last but not least is a summary of my autobiography:

 https://marinduquemyislandparadise.blogspot.com/search?q=my+autobiography+update

Chateau Du Mer Main House at Christmas Time, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

* Thank you Dinah and Dodie for your gift cards for Red Lobster and Doordash respectively.

 

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...