WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Choral Singing Reminds Me of Our Life Together and Why I Am Singing Again

I wrote these stories years before artificial intelligence became my writing companion. Today, at 91 nearing 92, I am revisiting some of them not to change my memories, but to see what I understand differently after another decade of living.

Choral Singing Reminds Me of Our Life Together and Why I Am Singing Again 

I found several of your related music and singing posts, and they give us much more material than the 2019 article alone.

I especially found your 2022 reflections on whether singers are “born or made,” your memories of singing with Macrine in the UPSCA choir and later church choirs, your 2024 THD concert experiences, your 2025 music-enrichment session with Claire Baffico, and your earlier writing about music for relaxation and meditation. 

I also checked the more recent research. A 2026 study of older adults found that group singing was associated with improvements in mood and social bonding, while other research has found potential benefits involving verbal fluency, memory, breathing/respiratory strength, and quality of life. I have been careful not to turn those findings into claims that singing “prevents” disease or guarantees better health. 

Most importantly, I think the THD Singers should become the heart of the new version. Your return to choir singing after more than eight years gives the old article a wonderful “full circle” ending.

Lastly, I particularly like the ending because it sounds like you-warm, slightly humorous, and not trying to make a grand scientific claim. Your older music writings provide the history, but the THD Singers give this article a living present, which is exactly what makes it feel like a genuine David at 91 nearing 92 update rather than a revision of an old post.

My Reel of the Day: Change It to How I feel Nearing 92

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1458665059413527

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...