WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Celebration of Life: Macrine J. Katague via her Favorite Music (Vocal)- Part 6

This is Part 6 (of 14) in the series Celebration of Life, Macrine J.Katague via her favorite music. This part is devoted to vocal music excluding Julio Iglesias. 

Macrine's enjoy listening to opera and broadway musicals. Her favorite male singers are Pavarotti, Domingo and Carreras( the Three Tenors). She also loves to sing solo or in the Choir.

Here's Jose Carrera's rendition of Chopin Etude #10, Op 3 popularly known as No Other Love in Spanish


No other love can warm my heart

Now that I've known the comfort of your arms
 
No other love.
 
Oh the sweet contentment that I find with you every time
 
Every time.
 
No other lips could want you more
 
For I was born to glory in your kiss.
 
Forever yours
 
I was blessed with love to love you
 
Til the stars burn out above you
 
Til the moon is but a silver shell
 
No other love, let no other love
 
Know the wonder of your spell

Here's another rendition(orchestral) of this piece that I like

Orchestral music reminds me of our voice lessons in Pinole, CA in the mid 1990's as follows:

https://marinduqueawaitsyou.blogspot.com/search?q=voice+lessons

Meanwhile, enjoy Yong Nieva singing to Macrine dated February 26, 2016, Amoingon ( Chateau Du Mer), Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

https://www.facebook.com/david.b.katague/videos/10206320460666763/

The Nieva brothers ( Rene, Oskie and Yong) singing Some Enchanting Evening to Macrine, 2016 

https://www.facebook.com/david.b.katague/videos/10206321560494258/

"I recall one time when we -- Yong, Oskie, Genny and I -- visited Manong Dave and Manang Macrine in their beautiful Chateau du Mer Resort in Marinduque some years back. Manang Macrine was not feeling well at the time and was quiet at first. But when we serenaded her with "Some Enchanted Evening", which happened to be a favorite of hers, she perked up and ended up singing along with us. We were so happy to hear her doing so that we were on the verge of tears. Such was the power of music to drive suffering and loneliness away, and would always be so ". Rene (RIP).

Meanwhile enjoy Carenna's audition at UWC musical IN THE HEIGHTS "Everything I know"

Sharing Carenna KT s audition for Lin Manuel Miranda’s “In the Heights” at UWCM. She was cast as Nina (the lead who sings this song) - “Everything I know”, which was very emotional since her Lola (Abuela) just passed away right before she left for Europe. Makes me tear up when she sings “Abuela if you’re up there, I will make you proud.” 0:09 / 3:45  

https://www.facebook.com/ditas/videos/10157848225531270/



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...