WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, November 2, 2020

Macrine's Favorite Ternos and Evening Dresses and My Barongs-All Souls Day

Today, All Souls Day- A Mass was offered for the soul of Macrine at St Mel's Church, Fair Oaks, CA. One of her favorite hymns on Eagle Wings was sang.


Today, it also reminded me of her Ternos and evening dresses and and also some of my barongs we wore on special occasions in the Philippines as well as here in the US for the last six decades( since 1960). 

Here are some of Macrine's Ternos and some of my Barong Tagalog*.

Our Golden Wedding Anniversary Outfit-Chateau Du Mer, Boac, Marinduque (Shade of Yellow or Gold)

Macrine love to dress up every now and then and had a several ternos (evening dress with the butterfly sleeves) and party dresses in her closet. Here are some of her favorites:

 

Macrine's Pink Terno with matching fan- she wore at her welcome Address as Chair Person of the Philippine-American Festival Committee, Washington DC, 1999

Macrine's White and Beaded Terno during my 74th BD- her most expensive terno tailored by one of Manila famous couturier

The same outfit as above-getting ready for the Gala Ball- Colesville, MD, 1999. I am with my black barong with gold embroidery in front.

Macrine in her red Terno (minus the butterfly sleeves)and me with my black barong dancing the Rigodon Dance, Boac, Marinduque, 2004


Macrine in her dark purple evening dress, Front yard of Residence, Colesville, MD, 1994. I am with my stripe lavender barong.


Macrine in her silver evening dress and mink shawl, Washington, DC

I am with my black formal suit with red cummerbund (sash for the waist) and bow tie

Macrine in her oyster white embroidered and beaded party Dress, 1988

Me with my red shirt and dark blue tie with no jacket.

 

Her Favorite Lavender Evening Dress, 1997


Terno with Light Blue Butterfly Sleeve with First Cousin Puchi , San Francisco, 1974. Me with my standard oyster white barong



Macrine with her flowered light purple party dress and me with my red Hawaiian Shirt, Chateau Du Mer Conference Hall, Boac, Marinduque, 2010


 Macrine in her hand-embroidered Party Dress from the Philippines, 1972

 

Her wedding dress, May 8, 1957 and my barong with a coconut tree design

 

   Her Wedding Dress, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines, 1957 

 


Macrine and I -Partying in 1994 and 1996- Washington DC and Maryland 

*The barong tagalog, more commonly known simply as barong (and occasionally baro), is an embroidered long-sleeved formal shirt for men and a national dress of the Philippines. It is a common formal or semi-formal attire in Filipino culture, and is worn untucked over an undershirt with belted trousers and dress shoes.

Here's the link for the most expensive barong commercially available


https://www.etsy.com/listing/583963616/barong-tagalog-pinya-fiber-cloth-with?gpla=1&gao=1&

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...