WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, November 9, 2020

Celebration of Life: Macrine J. Katague via her Favorite Music (Choral)-Part 7

This is Part 7 of 14 on the series Celebration of Life of Macrine J. Katague via her favorite music.

Macrine and I loved choral music. Our first activity in UP Diliman during our college years was our participation with the University of the Philippines Student Catholic Action Choir. *( see photo of UPSCA Choir with Macrine and I as participants on bottom of page in 1953)

In this episode I am please to post a UP Concert Chorus rendition of Bayan Ko ( My Country)-a patriotic song. This patriotic song is dedicated to President Elect Joe Biden and VP Elect Kamala Harris. It is Philippine version of My Country 'Tis of Thee'.   

Bayan Ko (English translation)

My Country

My country The Philippines
Land of gold and flowers
Love bestowed to her
Offered beauty and glow
 
Due to her beauty and grace
Foreigners are tempted
My country, they enslaved you
Gave you endless suffering
 
Even bird that fly freely
Will cry once caged
My country, they enslaved you
Gave you endless suffering
 
KORO
Even bird that fly freely
Will cry once caged
My land so fair
Yearns to break free
 
Philippines that I so adore
Nest of tears and poverty
All that I desire
To see you rise and free
 
(Koro)

While searching for the best arrangement of this song, another song that I enjoyed are from the Madrigals- another UP group who had won several International awards in Choral music-May the Lord Bless and Keep You and the UP Singers Ambassadors rendition of Maalaala Mo Kaya ( Can you Remember)


University of the Philippines Student Catholic Action Choir, 1953. Macrine sings soprano and me in the Base section!  We have 300 members from various college chapters of the university.

Macrine and I loved singing in the choir here in Northern California. In the late 1980's, we sang in our church choir on Sunday masses in Pinole, as well as with the UP Alumni, Berkeley Chapter Choir based in El Sobrante, California.

Twelve years ago, we sang in our Church Choir here in Fair Oaks. We even sang a duet of Silent Night in Tagalog at the concert before the Christmas midnight mass.

Macrine and I had also organized the Marinduque Association of the Capital Area( MACA) Christmas Caroling Group in Colesville, Maryland in the late 1990's.

Macrine used to be a soloist. She sang soprano coloratura in her younger days. Today her voice is ruined by her cigarette smoking. Her last singing activity was being paid to sing for a friend's wedding in the Philippines as well as here in US.

Madrigal Singers- Dahil Sa Iyo ( Because of You)

https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/search?q=upsca+choir 

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of Macrine and her Lemon tree in Our residence in Fair Oaks, CA  2016


 Meanwhile, here's the Transition News of the Day from the New York Times:

Joe Biden during a campaign event last month.Erin Schaff/The New York Times

The S&P 500 jumped 3.6% and is on track for a new record after positive news about a coronavirus vaccine developed by Pfizer.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...