WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, June 16, 2023

A Few Observations of Activities/Residents/Employees Here at THD, Walnut Creek

Today will be my 16th day of residing in this beautiful and well managed Independent/Assisted Living Facility. I have met most of the Managers from Barbara the Big Boss down to the low level cleaning ladies and I am impressed of their work ethics, friendly and welcoming demeanor of my presence. In todays blog I will list the various observations I have have experienced during this brief period of only 16 days.

1. The Dining Room during Dinner Time is usually cold. You will need a sweater if you do not want to freeze.

2. There are groups of residents who enjoyed dining together during Meal Times.

3. There a couple of male residents who seat alone by themselves in the same table at the Restaurant

4. Almost all the servers, cooks, cleaning crew are Spanish-Speaking. I found this place conducive to practice my knowledge in  conversational Spanish. They know every one names and anticipate your needs.  

5. There are several ways going from my Building (Fairmont) to Newtons Restaurant. The nearest and convenient way if you are using a Walker is Via The Garage. I learned 2 other ways just recently, via the Exercise Room and/or Library (more scenic views than the garage but require opening doors/elevators and with steps in some areas.   

6. The Food and Service at the Newtons is excellent and indeed worthy of its Five Star Rating, not only in taste, presentation but the amounts of food served. You can have wine ( either red or white) every Dinner time. What I really love about Newton's is the flexibility of eating your meals in your apartment as well as bringing left over of your meals to your apartment for future consumption at your leisure.      

The servers anticipate what you want and they remember what you like. For example during breakfast besides the orange juice/coffee you have a fruit variety as a starter. Instead of this fruit variety (melon, pineapple, water melon and an orange slice) I ask my server ( Emilia) yesterday for just slices of oranges. This morning Emilia remembered it and I had my slices of oranges before I even had a chance to tell her. Today, I learned they have yogurt. I ask Emilia for  one to take to my apartment. I have feeling she will give me my yogurt before I have chance to ask her tomorrow.    

Last but not least is that all the employees in the Front Desk, Managers and Servers in the Restaurant makes you feel at home and that is worth more than gold.      

Here are some more recent photos of my patio:

/>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...