WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, June 18, 2023

It is Indeed A Small World Here at THD-Happy Father's Day

Let me start this posting by wishing all Father's of the World -Happiness and Peace of Mind.

1. In my previous posting, I mentioned that during my first day here at THD, I met another resident(NN) who was my coworker during the early 1980's at the Deguine Technical Center ( Stauffer Chemicals) in Richmond, California. We were in the same Chemistry Department with the same supervisor but in a different section. He was in Process/Organic Chemistry Section and I was in the Pesticides Residues Analytical Method Development Group.  

He stayed for a while with the company, but I moved to Chevron Chemical Company Ortho Division after 12 years with Stauffer.  Chevron Agricultural Research was also located in Richmond, CA.  He is younger than me by 12 years. I recognize his name and he said he also remembered me quite well. I have describe in my autobiography my Stauffer years and other professional work experience as follows:

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2019/06/my-formula-for-success.html

2. The other day while eating breakfast, I met another person( RW) whose husband was also my coworker at the Shell Development Company, Agricultural Research Center in Modesto, Ca. Her husband stayed with Shell when it moved to Wilmington, Delaware when it was purchased by Dupont. I was then hired by Stauffer Chemicals. RW was telling our table the wide difference of lifestyle in rural Modesto, California compared to urban Wilmington, Delaware. So speaking about our lifestyle in Modesto, allow me to cite my blog of our Modesto, California years from 1969 to 1974 as follows;   

 https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2021/07/our-modesto-california-years-for.html

Who would ever thought that after several decades one encounters 2 persons who had the same work experience in their younger years in this Independent Living Facility with only around 110 residents  AGING GRACEFULLY( hopefully).  It is indeed a small world after all. I hope you all have a Fantastic Father's Day. 

Remember- "You have really lived if you have touched the life of others".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...