WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, June 10, 2023

My First Week at The Heritage Downtown, Walnut Creek, California



My First Week at The Heritage Downtown, Walnut Creek, California June 07, 2023 Last June 2 with the help of the Gentle Transitions Team of Cathy and Travis and the 4 movers of Alex from Universal Movers in Hayward,Ca part of my 21 years of household Goods were moved efficiently to my 2BR, 2B apartment here at the Heritage Downtown. 

I did not do much, just answer questions were to place some of my furniture in the small space typical of 2-BR apartments. Two of my oldest children helped with move. Dodie was in charge in Walnut Creek and Dinah help me transport Batman & Robin from Fair Oaks to Walnut Creek. The whole 2 days of moving activities ( June 1-packing day, JUNE 2 day-moving day) went smoothly and efficiently at the total cost of 7K.

During my first day at the Heritage, I meet interesting senior residents. One was a young man of 76 and showing its a small world indeed was my co-worker at Stauffer Chemicals. Richmond, Ca in the early 1980's. He recognized my name. We were in the same department with same Supervisor. I was in Analytical Chemistry-Pesticide Residues Analytical Methods Development. He was the Organic/ Process Development Group. He had lived in Albany, Ca and was diagnose with Parkinson about 2 years ago. He has been here at THD for about 2 years. 

The Second Gentlemen I met is a 95 year old who had worked in the Philippines during his younger years as Consultant for the United Nations. He has been here at THD for 4 years. So, we have a lot of things to talk about the Philippines. 

The third Gentlemen I met is of my age- 88 years young. He was professor at St Mary's College in Moraga, Ca. before his retirement. Both gentlemen are in the Political Discussion Group here at THD. I have a standing invitation to join them at my leisure. There are 110 residents here at THD and only about 20 men, 10 couples and the rest are women ranging in age from 55 to 102 years. I have talked to several highly educated single women residents including the 102 year old lady who just celebrated her 102nd birthday last May here at THD. 

The women are all very friendly and welcoming. I have not joined the numerous activities yet, as I am still busy unpacking, notifying my change of address, changing Medical and Prescription Venues. Today, I spent 1 hour waiting for an agent at the SSA just so I could notify them of my change of address and phone. I tried to do it on line, and I was told I can not do it. Luckily all my bank accounts venues had been updated. I am still waiting for 48 hours for my Google Account Verification on Line. 

Tomorrow I will call OPM (Office of Personnel Management) to update my personal information. I hope the waiting time is not as long's the one at the SSA. Tomorrow Dodie and I are driving back Fair Oaks to pick up all of my indoor plants and other small items that were not moved by the professional movers. We will be arranging for a clean-up TEAM AND PLACES where we can donate the rest of my household goods, books, clothing, tools etc... 

I have until the end of the month to clean the and give the keys to the new owners. The owners have started the roof/gutter improvements the other day. Again, the food here is fantastic. The service workers are all efficient and friendly. I have Chopino tonite and I was given a bib so I will not mess up my shirt.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...