WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, June 10, 2023

My Second Week at the Heritage Downtown, Walnut Creek, CA

I attended my first Happy Hour at THD yesterday. It was an open bar with appetizers. I had two mean Margaritas. There was music, if you feel like dancing, but the Happy Hour was mostly getting to know more residents. There were only about 50 in attendance. I met another lady resident.  My guess is she must be in her mid-70's. She was telling our table that she and her late husband had resided in Manila for 2 years in the mid 1990's. Her husband was working then for Mercury Drugs. She said they enjoyed their stay in the Philippines specially the Filipino Food, but hated the traffic in Manila. Our table then talked about Filipino Food available in the East Bay.  

In our table was  couple resident. The gentleman must be in his 90's. He had a Ph.D in Physics and was working for the Federal Government  in Albuquerque, New Mexico with a team who had developed the Atomic Bomb.

In our table was also an Intermediate Bridge Player. They group play at 1PM every Friday. She said they group is looking forward for my participation. Right now, I am still unpacking and getting more small items from Sacramento. Dodie is helping me clean-up the mess in Fair Oaks. Since the Estate Sale was canceled by Maureen Heller of the James Estate Sales because I sold my Sterling Silver collection myself. Maureen said she will not make any money if the Sterling Silver was not included in the Estate Sale. 

Thus I have to donate some items ( Clothing and Books), but the heavy furniture had to be disposed to the Dumpster including my Kimball piano, Dining Table Set, Curio Cabinet King Size Bed and the 3-piece lighted China Cabinet and most of its contents. Dodie decided to take the 25PC Mikasa Bone China but the  87Pc Royal Gallery Fine China may have to be disposed. A neighbor is offering $40 for the whole set and I will TAKE it.   I feel sad that not one of my relatives and friends can take the Piano and found it a home. 

 I paid over a 1K for the Curio and China Cabinets when we purchased the 2 furniture several decades ago. Luckily, I have enough space here in my apartment for my antique Victorian Dresser, Side Cabinet and a student desk with a Secret Compartment.     

This morning ( donuts to take to your apartment every Saturday) after breakfast I met a Filipino in the Front Desk. He said he works only on weekend at the THD and Jenny the Sales Guru of the Place instructed him to welcome me. The staff here in THD are very helpful. Another Staff supervisor volunteered to take care of B & R this coming June 21-24 because I am attending Elaine's wedding in Portland, Oregon that week. She said she will not charged me, but I am planning to give her a gift in return for her services.

So far my 7th day here at THD is marvelous. My next door neighbor, a young lady of 70 just informed me that this week she will be out of her apartment as a courtesy. My cats had been in her patio. She said she does not mind B & R catting around in her private patio. I am planning to install a chicken wire block screen so B& R can not climb out from my patio and wanders in the neighboring houses and apartments.

Until next week, my dear friends and  readers of this blog. Have a Wonderful Weekend!!! 

Remember- "You have really lived if you have touched the life of others".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...