WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, June 30, 2023

Playing Two Games I Have never Played Before here at THD

I have played two new games here at THD that I have never played before. Rummikub and Mexican Train. I found them both enjoyable but not as challenging as Bridge- my favorite Game. You can play Rummikub on line as well.  

Rummikub (/ˈrʌmikjb/, "rummy cube"[) is a tile-based game for 2 to 4 players, combining elements of the card game rummy and mahjong. There are 106 tiles in the game, including 104 numbered tiles (valued 1 to 13 in four different colors, two copies of each) and two jokers. Players have 14 or 16 tiles initially and take turns putting down tiles from their racks into sets (groups or runs) of at least three, drawing a tile if they cannot play. In the Sabra version (the most common and popular), the first player to use all their tiles scores a positive score based on the total of the other players' hands, while the losers get negative scores. Variations of the game contain four jokers. An important feature of the game is that players can move and reuse the tiles that have already been placed on the table.  For complete details visit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rummikub

The other new game that I have never played before is Mexican Train.  Here's a video of how to play this domino-style game.

   



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSo4GuclCbE

https://www.ultraboardgames.com/mexican-train/game-rules.php

 https://rummikub.com/rules/

Today, I attended my first Strength & Balance, Stretch Exercise. It was great and I intend to do this regularly. I also observed the group playing American Mahjong. I have no intention in playing it. I would like to organize a group playing real Asian Mahjong ( Hongkong, Philippines or Chinese variation) if there are residents here who have played Asian mahjong before. Again, I have enjoyed my week here at THD. See you in my next blog on Life Here at THD.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...