WELCOME TO CHATEAU DU MER BEACH RESORT

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! Chateau Du Mer is a beach house and a Conference Hall. The beach house could now accommodate 10 guests, six in the main floor and four in the first floor( air conditioned room). In addition, you can now reserve your vacation dates ahead and pay the rental fees via PayPal. I hope to see you soon in Marinduque- Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines. The photo above was taken during our first Garden Wedding ceremony at The Chateau Du Mer Gardens. I have also posted my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes in this site. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own, but I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, June 17, 2023

The Third Week of MY Life Here at THD in Walnut Creek

Yesterday was my second time to attend the Happy Hour( HH).  I almost forgot the weekly activity until I saw Joseph moving table and chairs after Alix and Brendan visit. Alix is my grand daughter, oldest daughter of my son, Dodie ( Diosdado). Alix and Brendan wedding is scheduled this Fall in Berkeley, CA.   

The HH was well organized.  The music was great and the quiche and Dimsum was delicious. Thank you Joseph for your  efforts. This HH is a good way to know the residents besides getting free alcohol. Again I had 2 margaritas, two mini Quiche and three Dumplings. Speaking of Dumplings Alix and Brendan brought me a variety of Dimsum from San Francisco during their visit. ( see photo above). We had lunch courtesy of Jenny. Thanks Jenny for the lunch.   

In my table at the HH were a younger couple, a Royal Lady with her visiting son from Mexico City and another gentleman whose name I forgot. Our conversations range from aging gracefully, my blogging and the Royal Lady's son writing as his profession.  The Ladies and the visiting son were the leaders in our conversations. The husband of the Lady couple was very quiet. 

However after I informed the group that I have been blogging since 2008 and my current interest and subject now is my life here at THD, he asked me why he should read my blogs. I told him I might write about him and the current HH conversations. He did not respond. However after we parted, he mention that he will read my blogs if there are naked ladies in my postings.


The son of the Lady who is a writer by profession informed us he has written three novels, Poetry and many articles. But the one that made money was his poem that was converted to a song. He is still getting Royalty every time the song is played. Our table had a lively conversation. We were the last one to leave.  Again, thank you Joseph, Estefanita and Emilia for a very happy " Happy Hour" Event
     
Meanwhile I am still unpacking and getting ready for a 4-day trip to Portland, Oregon to attend my grand daughter, Elaine King wedding. Ditas my youngest daughter  from the Washington DC area will be my traveling companion. I am lucky I found someone here at THD to take care of Batman & Robin while I am away.  I have not participated in bridge, mahjong or Mexican train games yet. May be in the beginning of July if not earlier.  Thanks again to all the THD employees and fellow residents who made me feel welcome and at home. Have a Beautiful and Restful Weekend to All. 

Remember- "You have really lived if you have touched the life of others".

 

   


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...